• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Going to New York City

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some of you may already know this but I'm going to New York City in a few weeks. This will be my first time visiting and I'm extremely excited. Me and my friends will be staying about 13 miles from Times Square, we will be taking the Subway most of the weekend to get to different places.

I should be arriving around 3pm on the Friday, and we'll be going to see a Cubs vs. Mets game on Friday night. Saturday night I have plans to go to a Tennis match(US Open) and a bar that I got RSVP from a special friend :lol:.

During the day on Saturday we'll be visiting the sites. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, be it bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants, attractions near Time Squares. I'm really looking forward to hit a few pubs since I want to see what the atmosphere is like in one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Sounds so fun. I love NY. You can't go wrong staying in TS. It's so easy to walk everywhere in Manhattan! I don't recall any specific places to recommend. The way I would do it is spontaneity. Just walk and when something looks good, do it!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You might want to visit the 911 site but I can imagine the place will be packed that day as it's the 10th anniversary...

Bar/Club: Pacha NYC, an ibiza club (they're doing a brazilian independence wknd on Friday, but saturday is also good time to go there, after vodka launch. If you go to their website prior, you can register for the mailing list and get into the event for free.

Food wise, if you have the time to make it to Five Napkin Burger or Shake Shack. :p

Pass by Central Park of course, just to say you've been there. It's quite big and no lines (compared to getting inside buildings for a tour).

Last time I went there, my friend lives by the Times Square, I just walked around really.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I want to try and stop at has many pubs as I possibly can. They'll be a Baseball game during the afternoon so I'm sure they'll be packed. Thank god they won't be playing my team or it would of got heated ;)

In all seriousness, other than the driving I'm really looking forward in going to New York. We will be stopping at some outlet malls on our way back and I'm going to go on a big shopping spree, put it all on the Credit Card, enjoy now, pay later.

My friend is bringing his camera so he's going to take some pictures and I'm going to post some of them here when he uploads them.

shelgarr

Registered Member
It's going to be a blast. Pub hopping in Manhattan! Doesn't get better than that. I look forward to pics!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So came back last night from New York City. It was quite the experience to say the least. Driving downtown New York during rush hour is one of the worst driving experience I've had. It's a nightmare, people cutting you off, not letting you in, honking every second.

Other than that the trip was awesome. Had a chance to see a lot of great things, saw the Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Trump Tower, Times Square. Stopped at some pubs for some food and beer.

Overall the trip was great, but I wasn't able to go to the Tennis match since it got re-scheduled to Sunday at 4pm.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Sorry to hear about the match. Bad luck. It would have been great to be witness to another Serena fit. Had you considered walking or using the subway or taxis? That's the only way we've done it. Were you there for the 9/11 ceremony? Glad you liked the trip.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Used the Subway for the most part, had to use the taxi a few times since we couldn't find where we were going. I would love to see a Serena fit, I would actually yell "sit down" at her. No offense, but I cannot stand the William sisters.

We left early(11am) on Sunday morning so I didn't get the chance to see the ceremonies. But there was barely any traffic when we left, since everyone was there.