• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Going to an Arcade?

dDave

V.I.P.
No, I'm not talking about the GF Arcade here, I'm talking about a real arcade.

I went to Red Robin last night (as mentioned in another thread) and they have a small arcade near the front of the store. I went inside this arcade to find that they have the following games.

-Pinball
-Cruisin World
-Claw Machine
-Deer Hunter (I can't remember the exact name of this one)
-Ms. Pacman

For the first time in a very long time, I actually decided to play a game. Yes, I had a go at Ms. Pacman. The high score at this place is 297,000 and I scored roughly 200,000 even. I'm actually tempted to go back and try again. at $0.25 per game, it's not really that expensive.

I know there's a popular arcade here in town where people go. I should consider going down there sometime just for fun.

Does anybody else go to an arcade on occasion?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I used to go to Dave & Busters when I lived in Dallas ALL the time. I usually only played the games that would spit out a lot of tickets, like the coin pushing games, things like that.

I once played an old school galaga machine there, and I had to suicide because my friends were ready to go and I couldn't be killed. lol
------
I haven't really gone since moving back to a rural area. There are 2 arcade places here...one in the mall and chuck e cheese. Both are for young kids and don't interest me. Dave & Busters was more adult.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I used to years ago. I'd find an arcade & kill a fifty dollar bill with the quickness. I haven't been in a while though. I think the last time was in OOB or something. I played a few games and left. I'd much rather play a game at home, on my TV.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I used to love going to arcades along the boardwalk at the beach when I was a kid. My favorite games were racing games and The Simpsons.

I haven't been to an arcade in years. Like Det said, I'd rather play games at home.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I haven't been to a real arcade in years. They don't really seem to be around much these days. When I was a kid, one of the nearby towns had a whole row of them along the beach front, it was so awesome. I always loved the shooting games with the light guns, I was pretty decent at them. I don't think I've ever played pinball or Pacman or anything like that in my life, at least not on a real arcade game. :lol:

I remember one game, I have no idea what it was called, but you controlled a tank and just rolled through enemies in a really futuristic setting. It was great.

Also, Street Fighter FTW.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
When I was young I used to go to an arcade in my town that was pretty big. It even had laser tag. It used to be popular for birthday parties back when I was young.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I used to go to FunWorld which was near my high school :) I loved playing Street Fighter 2 and Contra (multiplayer) and of course the occasional DDR! Those dancing games where you step on the required step as you dance to a song lol. Heaps of fun! I think they've torn it down now, but whenever I do see one, if I have the time, I would definitely go and chill there and play!

Also as a question. Did you guys ever play some of those non arcade games? Like shooting small basketballs into the hoops and the whack a mole sort of games? They had that in the arcade we had here in Australia :)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to take my son to arcades when we were someplace that had a decent one. I've never played them myself but if there was one around here I would now. GF arcade had given me a taste for it even if I'm not very good at it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Also as a question. Did you guys ever play some of those non arcade games? Like shooting small basketballs into the hoops and the whack a mole sort of games? They had that in the arcade we had here in Australia :)
Yes, I love games like that. There was also air hockey.

Unfortunately the awesome arcade we had downtown was mostly destroyed by recent floods. The entire basement room, which held all of the oldschool stuff, got flooded while the upstairs room, holding mostly pinball machines, was fine.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Duuude! Air Hockey and foosball are my game! :D I found myself playing those more than the actual arcade games. We had a crocodile game, that bobbed in and out and I totally owned that machine. So much fun :)