Going to a restaurant/movies by yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Mar 15, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I was just wondering if any of you ever go to a movie or restaurant by yourself? If so are you embarassed or are you perfectly fine with the fact that your alone.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I was in the pub with my family on the weekend and saw a woman sat on her own. I thought she looked quite sad and lonely. I feel that you should go to those places with other people to be honest. Cinemas are different though 'cause you're sat watching a film but I would much rather have someone there with me to be honest.

3. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

I dont mind. Depends on what kinda restaurant. Movies is no problem, sometimes there is just nobody who wanna watch it, or can afford it..

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would have a problem going to a restaurant on my own, they are places to be social imo, enjoying a meal/drinks with friends and family. Movies are different though, you just sit there in silence focusing on the screen, so I wouldn't be embarrassed to go on my own. I would probably make sure I went later than I would if I was with someone though, so I could just go straight to sit down rather than hanging around.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I don't have a problem doing either one by myself, and have. If I'm going to a restaurant solo, I'll just bring a book to read.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I have never done either of them solo. I don't see the point. If I want to watch a movie by myself, I'll rent a DVD... or if I want to eat by myself, I know how to cook. I only like doing the other things with people.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I haven't gone to any of them alone, but I wouldn't mind doing it.
    Though I'd prefer to not be alone .

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't see a problem with either, though personally I would never go to a restaurant by myself for a number of reasons.

I've been to the cinema by myself once before. It was the day after I'd been with friends so I didn't even bother asking them if they wanted to go a second time, I just felt like going on my own randomly whilst I was already in town. It wasn't the kind of movie that anyone I'm friends with would probably enjoy anyway.

I remember answering this thread question before, because I hadn't done either. But I think it was a pretty long time ago now..

9. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never been to the cinema by myself because if I want to see movie I can always go with my girlfriend or find friends that will join me. But sometimes I have a craving for my favorite restaurant, and not many people like to go there so I'll go there by myself. Sometimes I feel embarassed but I tell myself there's no reason to be and the feeling passes...the food does help me get over the fack of being lonely sometimes lol.

10. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

It has never really bothered me if I did go to a restaurant by myself, I just eat and leave the building.