• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Going Back To School

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
If you went back to your school days and wanted to learn something you didn't
what would it be?

You can mention as many subjects as you like.
Is there a reason why you didn't learn the first time?

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm currently going to school for IT. So technically I can't go "back" to school because I never really left to begin with.

If I were to go to school for something else I think that I would study to be a doctor. It's something I've always been interested in and I know I would love doing it. I know that IT is the way I'm supposed to go though. Maybe in the future I'll work IT at a hospital? I don't know, that would be cool. I actually know a guy that's both a doctor and a software engineer and he tells me that many people that do IT at hospitals just aren't any good and it doesn't help that most of the doctors don't know how to fully use a computer.

Taliesin

Registered Member
This is not easy to answer because I think there's SO much more I could have learned back in school. I think I really did myself a disservice back then because most things came easily to me, and the things that didn't I just walked away from. I should have tried harder with things like sports, manual arts, home economics, and maths. I just never clicked with those at all.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would have put more effort into math and science. Those are the main two subject I should have buckled down on and studied more.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
First I want I would want to go all the way back to the first grade. There I would want a start on major school subjects English, grammar, spelling, math, science and, history. I don’t know about a lot of extra credit work but to be able to complete my assignments and keep decent grades in school.
Because you see I came off to a bad start in life. . my grades were not to well. . I was placed in the learning center with a few other students cause my performance in some subjects was not keeping up with the other kids. . yet my reading level as far as pronouncing words was at a high school level already. . But the definition of words, math and science, social studies the other kids were ahead of me. I was a slow writer and my writing was not very legible in many cases. . my sixth grade teacher Mrs Henniger told me she could have held me back. But does feel I have potential to move on and do better.
My grades in junior high was still not any better. Teachers told me you're not a dumb person. Your just not doing enough work. Especially hardly ever doing my homework. . it was not till the10th grade placed in continuation I was getting A's B's and C’s though my last 3 years of school. I could grasp school work better and my writing improved a lot since fifth grade. I was just learning how to type in typing class. .
Outside of improving main courses I would want to learn Spanish. Continue in drama acting. Taking photography. Learning to do things in metal and work shop. I never made one project in these classes. I was the worse at thinking how to make things. I flunked these classes. I wish these teachers more would have been there to tell me you got to keep trying now. . . I will show you how to make something simple here. . you had to start me from the ground up. . today its still best for me to learn from the ground. What is my best subject today? Well it isn't math. But I do like science. History I am ok here and there. Grammar I need so much improvement on that. Spelling pretty good over all. I wish I got a head start. But it is too late for that. . I can learn now whatever I need to make up for.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
If I had a chance to go through school again I would definitely start paying close attention.
I think my school problems started in the 7th grade.

I don't really what I would consider by best and worst subjects..
I would say History for worst and possibly English and Math my best.

But to the present day I try to learn something all the time no matter or what the subject
may be when it happens to come up.

dDave

V.I.P.
If I had a chance to go through school again I would definitely start paying close attention.
I think my school problems started in the 7th grade.

I don't really what I would consider by best and worst subjects..
I would say History for worst and possibly English and Math my best.

But to the present day I try to learn something all the time no matter or what the subject
may be when it happens to come up.
I was somewhat similar.

My best subjects were easily English and History. The music teachers seemed to think I was pretty good as well. I did well in Science too. I was BAD at math though. I put forth a ton of effort only to do ok and in some bases not so well. I know it's kind of ridiculous to blame the teacher but honestly, here's a list of my math teachers.

7th grade - Army vet, awesome guy, I learned very well from him
8th grade - Crazy Texan lady who was allergic to everything under the sun (including the sun) and somehow managed to do drugs without getting caught for a whole year.
9th-11th grade - Extremely boring and socially inept guy who would stare at the floor and ramble for the duration of every class. I learned nothing from this guy.
12th grade - Another good teacher that I could actually learn from.

College - Of the 5 math professors I've had in college I would say 2 of them are great, one was average, and the other two were just plain awful. Welcome to the world where a guy decides to give you advanced science problems in business calc just because he can, so wrong.