God's relationship with man

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by FutureTrackStar, Apr 8, 2010.

1. FutureTrackStar

FutureTrackStar Registered Member

I was thinking about this last night and am curious about what other people think. How would you describe God's relationship with man? What analogy would best depict this special relationship? Is God a master and we are His slaves? Is God our friend who has no more authority than us? Clearly this thread is for all those who actually believe God exists. The answer an atheist would give is something like, "He is a creation of our imagination".

So, I'll go first. I would describe God's relationship with man in exactly the same way that the Bible describes it. He is our Creator, which means He knows the purpose of each and every one of us. He is our King, so He makes the rules and we should obey Him. He is our Father, which means He only makes rules in our best interest, because He loves us and wants us to be mature. Lastly, He is the groom and we are the bride, i.e. He loves us more than anything else.

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree only with the unstriked part.
    I believe He created us and knows our purposes but I can't say he loves us, I can't say he does everything in out best interest, I can't say he makes the rules and we obey.
    I don't obey to any of His rules.

I think He's letting us free so that He could see how far we go. We're living our life for us, not for Him.
    And if you compare Him to a Father then you don't live life for your father, do you?