GoDaddy to Go Public! IPO on the way!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mirage, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/21/go..._rr_0424godaddy.html?partner=daily_newsletter

Awesome news! For all of you who are GoDaddy fans, it looks like they will soon be a publicly traded company.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. A GoDaddy IPO could be huge for the domain industry in general, but also could be a great investment opportunity.

I will keep an eye on this for sure as the IPO progresses and more information is released. :)

2. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

Yeah, I saw that news item too. Wasn't Google working on something with GoDaddy recently? I seem to remember some little news item. Anyway, it should be an interesting ride from now until the IPO. I wonder if they'll tone down the type of advertising that they wanted to go with on the Super Bowl if they become "respectful" enough for a public offering?

Seriously, I think it could be a great investment. However, I have a feeling the stock is going to be overpriced from the get-go. I'll probably be wrong about this, just like I never thought Google would go over $200, but it will be interesting to watch the developments.

3. Mirage

I don't know if I would stay in GoDaddy stock very long. It would depend on a lot of things, but you are right, it could jump really high at first, which could cause a panic and a sudden drop.

4. Mirage

Well, I thought I would update this with some new news I just heard. Apparently GoDaddy has pulled it's IPO and decided not to go public:

http://www.bobparsons.com/WhyIPOPulled.html

Too bad. There could have been some good money to be made with that. Who knows though, maybe it will still happen later on down the road when they decide they want a lot more money. :)

5. moneymaker123

moneymaker123 New Member

That is great but will it last long?