PlayStation 3 God of War Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Mar 15, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I've searched the whole forum, I searched the Video Games Section, and I searched the Sony Section... Low and behold there is no God of War Dedicated threads!

Midnight tonight God of War III will be released, Which of you PS3 owners will be owning this one?

How about the God of War Collection?

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I'll more than likely rent God of War III. It looks awesome and I was a pretty big fan of the first two games. If it hadn't have been for the Collection, I probably would've never even played a GOW game. I still need to beat II, but it may have to wait until after I play (and hopefully beat) III.

3. icegoat63

I'm working on the Trophies for GoW I right now. The Speed one is the one I'm shooting for. Currently I've got 2 saves going on, one on Easy Mode that I'm trying to get done in less than 5 hours and then the other one on God Mode :hah:

Lets just say on God Mode..... it took me almost 5 hours just to beat that first Fuggin hydra :hah:

Kons... I have to ask, how the hell do you plan on playing GoW III... without having finished GoW II? Thats like watching the Star Wars, Half of the Empire Strikes back, and then All of the Return of the Jedi... it just doesnt make sense?!?!??!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Fill me in, I don't have the patience to beat II before III comes in tomorrow. Haha.

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I'm in a similar position as Kons. I loved the first, never got a chance to play the second and now can't because my PS2 is locked away at my parents house and they didn't release the collection over here. After watching Gamespots video review yesterday it really tempted me to get it regardless.

6. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

I have to admit that, despite my original hatred of Kratos, the third installment looks rather epic. The PS3 is the perfect system to tailor grand vistas and sharp detail - all of which gets fulfilled by the Titans alone.

I never played the first two because of Kratos...yet, after watching a couple of random cutscenes and reminding myself of the great destiny binding Olympians...I guess the guy makes a bit more sense. Still, he doesn't have to be so angry all the time. =P

7. icegoat63

wait wut? you didnt like Kratos 'cause hes a sourpuss? :hah:

I plan on running out tonight, doing some grocery shopping in town then hitting up a few of my game outlets until I can snag me up a copy. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to find it on the first try. If not... I'm sure theres at least one place here in town that will have it.

8. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

I'll admit, I think I'm one of those day-dreaming kids that can't help but always, and forever, play the "Hero/Paragon/Angellic" options in morale games.

As stated, I've watched back a couple of cutscenes, reviewed a few plot strings, and am starting to get used to him...There's just that one scene in the third game that makes me shudder (won't mention due to my lack of knowledge regarding the "Spoiler" button).

9. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Oh...my....leg humping god. The game is absolutely stunning visually, the overall play is just a walk down memory lane, but that's not a bad thing. The game is mind-numbingly easy if you play on easy (or even normal) but the true game value comes out of Hard.

This game rocks.

10. icegoat63

I had to laugh, the other day I was going through the CAD comics and there was one about Kratos' scowl. Figured it was a funny joke about his general attitude...

And then I got to the Zeus fight last night, the One cut scene around Pandora's Box Baaahahahahaha That was possibly the deepest scowl I think I've ever seen in my life. Kratos usually rolls on 10 levels of Pissed off... during that cut scene... I'd say he was somewhere around the 43rd level? :hah: