• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

God of War (2018)

Konshentz

Konshentz
So, I think this game deserves its own thread. And yeah, there's only 2 1/2 of us still talking about games here but whatever. Haha.

Releases in a little under 12 hours.

Discuss...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Just got it delivered today, and this game is just amazing. I love the gameplay and how combat isn't just a repeat of the old games. I love the world and the take on Norse mythology. The storytelling is phenomenal. Kratos' son is a fun character to have along and doesn't get in the way. Their story is really fleshing out well. I'm not that far into it, but it's definitely worth of all of the 10 ratings it's been getting. Early GotY contender, for sure.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have tomorrow off. I can finally give this lovely game the time it deserves. Haha.

I'd say I have a total of 8-9 hours into it so far, with quite a bit of exploring and looting involved. So, maybe a solid 5 into the story. Based off trophies, you've gotten pretty closer to catching me.

I think the game is fantastic. It's beautiful, the score is incredible and the combat is a lot of fun. But like you touched on, the biggest upgrade is the story. Finally Kratos is not just a screaming cartoon character. The father/son story is coming along nicely and they've definitely touched on a few things I am eagerly waiting to see the conclusion of.

Even though I am early on, and the gaming year is just starting, this has definitely snatched the crown from Far Cry as the top game on my board for 2018. I am looking forward to Detroit, Spider-man and Red Dead 2 taking a crack at it. Another amazing year in games.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
All of the side characters I've encountered have been interesting, well-written, and in some cases hilarious.
So far I've only met one of the gods, and I can't wait to encounter more. The world-serpent in the lake is huge and just so well-designed. Man, I'm glad he's friendly haha. But who knows if that will last!

Konshentz

Konshentz
Rolled credits on this last night.....

It's an incredible game. I put in somewhere around 20-23 hours and never found a single thing that I didn't like. The story actually got better the longer it went. The combat never got old... and that axe? Loved it. I am absolutely shocked that they made me give a shit about Kratos. That's the biggest thing I take away from this game. Atreus easily gets 3rd place on my favorite sidekicks in video games list. He was a HUGE advantage, especially later on when the enemies and bosses got ridiculous. Oh and there is so much stuff to do. After the credits finished, I took a second to look around the maps and the quests. I easily can sink another 25+ hours in getting 100%/platinum. I'll give it some time, but I definitely see this landing somewhere between 10-15 on my top 100 list. I cannot wait for the sequel.

9.75/10