God, He, she, it, what?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Stalking_Night, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Stalking_Night

Stalking_Night Registered Member

So this came up with a friend the other day.

And just note he is Christian. I am not. Though i have read the bible a few times and i'm interested in religious stuff.

So.

We were talking about God in a Christian context. He, She, its apearance, gender that kind of thing. I was interested in other views.

See my view is,

If God did not create us in his image. he looks nothing like us, could even be shapeless. God could simply be the name of a force, a force with no actual appearance. However, it could be a he. Simply because when a female entity is talked of in such a manner they are reffered to as Goddesses not gods.

However, if he does have a form I think it would represent every race of our people. From Caucasian to Asian.

My freinds was actually surprising the class man in robes thing...

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I view a possible god or gods as formless and beyond human comprehension.

That is to say, I believe we have not the slightest fucking idea.

3. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

thats strange, because me and two of my friends had a conversation about this recently also. we all heve different ideas.

one friend thinks God looks different to each person who sees him. like a white man would see God as a white man. a black woman would see God as a black woman.

im not sure what to think about his theory.

the other friends think that God is gender-less, and by that he thinks God is neither a man or a woman.

personally i have no idea. i plan to study this subject more in-depth soon.

4. juha82

juha82 Registered Member

The god isn't a human and have to be then something like white/light colour, logic-thinking.

But it's a mystery when we haven't seen ever it.
    A god did come to helping peoples when creates the world.
    You see when u read a Bible.
    Also a god appears for someone people who has gets a gift.

5. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

That just about sums it up.

In the bible the gender form of how God is portrayed is male, female and plural and therefore God is either all those possiblities or
    none of them - for the reason Cons said.