• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

God Hates Fags

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Gifs from a documentary.

Plain and simply, how does this make you feel?

I understand a lot of adults dislike gay people for their own reasons, each to their own, if they have come to that conclusion (and let's face it, in many cases that conclusion is driven by religion) then that's their own choice.

This though, this makes me extremely sad and angry. This girl is seven, she is being taught to hate in the name of religion before she even understands what it is she is supposed to be hating. There she is parading that sign about in the name of her church and her family, in out outright display of ignorance and judgment and she doesn't even know why. She will grow up in an environment where she is taught that millions of people she doesn't know, people she will never even meet are below her and should be hated. I find that very disturbing.

Of course, I do realise these people are way more extremist than your average church, but I'd like to see how anyone of any race, religion, gender, age etc could argue in favour of something like this.

Last edited:

Vecoli

Registered Member
wow, this is unbelievable. To instill values in kids saying that they should just pick up a sign and protest without any meaning of what they are protesting about is so wrong.

way to teach kids to think independently.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Fact is, no rational, emotionally well-rounded person could argue in favour of this. Nor should they. Only folks who are fundamentally afraid of differences in other people would argue this. These people are afraid, and I find it hard to understand why.

When I see people picketing at the funerals of gay people, it makes me sick to my stomach. It's fundamentally wrong wrong wrong. You just don't do that. It's upsetting for family and friends. It's upsetting for anyone with a heart and a conscience. And, most of all, it's outrageously disrespectful to the memory of the deceased. Freedom of speech can go hang when it causes this kind of untold grief and stress.

Most church groups wouldn't do this because they're not extremists. These people are. The Westboro group is led by an aging patriarch who doesn't give sermons as much as undiluted tirades against a "homo loving" world. The guy has issues. He shouldn't be in a position where he gets to spew hate and have people nod along to it (especially children). He is not a Christian as far as I'm concerned... just a bigot.

And that's what I feel.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Fact is, no rational, emotionally well-rounded person could argue in favour of this. Nor should they. Only folks who are fundamentally afraid of differences in other people would argue this. These people are afraid, and I find it hard to understand why.

When I see people picketing at the funerals of gay people, it makes me sick to my stomach. It's fundamentally wrong wrong wrong. You just don't do that. It's upsetting for family and friends. It's upsetting for anyone with a heart and a conscience. And, most of all, it's outrageously disrespectful to the memory of the deceased. Freedom of speech can go hang when it causes this kind of untold grief and stress.

Most church groups wouldn't do this because they're not extremists. These people are. The Westboro group is led by an aging patriarch who doesn't give sermons as much as undiluted tirades against a "homo loving" world. The guy has issues. He shouldn't be in a position where he gets to spew hate and have people nod along to it (especially children). He is not a Christian as far as I'm concerned... just a bigot.

And that's what I feel.
This is very well said and I agree, but I would add the overwhelming majority of churches and church groups would do this and don't agree with this assclown. He is not a Christian, he is a bigot, but he does have the right to say what he says, unfortunately. I do disagree with the indoctrination of young children however.

shelgarr

Registered Member
It's ridiculous, and mostly a reflection on her stupid-ass parents. CO, most churches and church groups would NOT do this. There is hate being taught, yes, and it's a shame. Gay people do not deserve it. Nevertheless, it will probably always exist despite the many advances we are seeing.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It's ridiculous, and mostly a reflection on her stupid-ass parents. CO, most churches and church groups would NOT do this. There is hate being taught, yes, and it's a shame. Gay people do not deserve it. Nevertheless, it will probably always exist despite the many advances we are seeing.
I apologize, I meant the overwhelming majority of churches would NOT do this. I'm a practicing Catholic and I don't know a single person that would agree with this filth. That was a typo.

And I know Crouton didn't mean this and this isn't the subject of the thread so these comments are in no way reflective towards her, but what bothers me is when people use this to demonize all religion. I've seen KKK parades and you at times see young children holding up these vile racist signs. That's not an indictment of all white people and it makes no sense logically to do so. It's the same thing here.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
They are a joke. The best thing we can do is ignore them, most especially when they do ridiculous things like picket a funeral - They want us to pay attention to that and get offended. If we ignore them, we take their power away, and force them to do something we can actually fight back against if they still want to spread their message of hate.

Random9

Registered Member
Gifs from a documentary.

Plain and simply, how does this make you feel?

I understand a lot of adults dislike gay people for their own reasons, each to their own, if they have come to that conclusion (and let's face it, in many cases that conclusion is driven by religion) then that's their own choice.

This though, this makes me extremely sad and angry. This girl is seven, she is being taught to hate in the name of religion before she even understands what it is she is supposed to be hating. There she is parading that sign about in the name of her church and her family, in out outright display of ignorance and judgment and she doesn't even know why. She will grow up in an environment where she is taught that millions of people she doesn't know, people she will never even meet are below her and should be hated. I find that very disturbing.

Of course, I do realise these people are way more extremist than your average church, but I'd like to see how anyone of any race, religion, gender, age etc could argue in favour of something like this.
the way i see it this is 100% legitimate.
These people are. The Westboro group is led by an aging patriarch who doesn't give sermons as much as undiluted tirades against a "homo loving" world.
no,they are lead by one of the few people who isn't asinine enough to twist christianity into something it isn't by the demand of a public of idiots who have no idea what christianity is,and who want to replace the rules of god(as written in the bible/new testament) with their own.
The guy has issues.
yes,the biggest one being he's not ego maniacal enough to twist his religion into what's convenient to believe,instead of what is clearly written.
He shouldn't be in a position where he gets to spew hate and have people nod along to it (especially children). He is not a Christian as far as I'm concerned... just a bigot.

And that's what I feel.
yes,only idiots or cowards should be allowed to lead,god forbid if someone dares to tell us the ugly truth.

i should probably mention i don't agree with everything he says,his hatred for soldiers is idiotic(or at least i see it as such),but a lot of his views aren't.
however his hatred of gays isn't,and is with accordance with the bible/new testament.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
the way i see it this is 100% legitimate.

no,they are lead by one of the few people who isn't asinine enough to twist christianity into something it isn't by the demand of a public of idiots who have no idea what christianity is,and who want to replace to the rules of god(as written in the bible/new testament) with their own.

yes,the biggest one being he's not ego maniacal enough to twist his religion into what's convenient to believe,instead of what is clearly written.

yes,only idiots or cowards should be allowed to lead,god forbid if someone dares to tell us the ugly truth.

i should probably mention i don't agree with everything he says,his hatred for soldiers is idiotic(or at least i see it as such),but a lot of his views aren't.
however his hatred of gays isn't,and is with accordance with the bible/new testament.
It's painfully obvious you've never read the New Testament, understand the New Testament, or understand any religious discussions here in general. This clown is right, all the rest of Christianity is wrong, all the other millions of Christians who DON'T hold up these kinds of signs have no idea what they are talking about and don't subscribe to Christianity like it was intended, but he does, right? Impressive use of logic there, chief.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
It's painfully obvious you've never read the New Testament, understand the New Testament, or understand any religious discussions here in general. This clown is right, all the rest of Christianity is wrong, all the other millions of Christians who DON'T hold up these kinds of signs have no idea what they are talking about and don't subscribe to Christianity like it was intended, but he does, right? Impressive use of logic there, chief.
As much as I disagree with Random9's opinion, he is right when he mentions that the Bible God abhors homosexuality. You can't accept the Bible completely, while having an open mind about homosexuality.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Introductions 9
R Bathroom Wall 1
generalblue Bathroom Wall 1
Wade8813 Bathroom Wall 16
A Religion & Philosophy 62