• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

God can not exist within "his" own creation

Can God exist within 'his' own creation?

• It doesn't matter. God is too important to be intuitively possible.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcdad

Registered Member

kcdad

Registered Member

And your point is...?
I tried praying to all three of your examples and got no response.

Is that really David Beckham or just an image? I always thought he was taller.

Wade8813

Registered Member
What about when someone creates bionic limbs? Don't those become an extension of oneself?

kcdad

Registered Member
What about when someone creates bionic limbs? Don't those become an extension of oneself?
are you kidding?

I wear shoes and eyeglasses... are they "me"?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
are you kidding?

I wear shoes and eyeglasses... are they "me"?
Shoes and eye wear are not exactly the same as bionic limbs.

I can't vote for any of your options in the poll though. They are far to random and wide spread for me to even agree with one of them.

God didn't create us and the earth we live on to be a part of it, so to argue whether he can or can't or wants to or should is just futile, imo!

kcdad

Registered Member
Shoes and eye wear are not exactly the same as bionic limbs.

I can't vote for any of your options in the poll though. They are far to random and wide spread for me to even agree with one of them.

God didn't create us and the earth we live on to be a part of it, so to argue whether he can or can't or wants to or should is just futile, imo!
Okay... let's try this philosophical tack:

Are you as a sentient being effected one way or another if you are wearing an artificial limb, pacemaker or a transplanted kidney? Are you effected in any way if you wear tennis shoes or sandals? If you cut your hair or trim your fingernails?
Of course not. We do exist in those things that we use, create or are attached to.
If God created the universe, God must by necessity be separate from it.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Are you as a sentient being effected one way or another if you are wearing an artificial limb, pacemaker or a transplanted kidney?
Yes, because my life would be different without them, ie in a wheelchair or at risk of organ failure which would lead to death.

Are you effected in any way if you wear tennis shoes or sandals?
No. Whether I wear shoes or sandals does not affect my life in any significant way as I could lead the same life I am leading now without those things.

Of course not. We do exist in those things that we use, create or are attached to.
If God created the universe, God must by necessity be separate from it.
I am not saying that God is or is not separate from His creation, I am just saying your argument of Him "having to be separate from it" is far fetched.

I'm not sure where you are going with this. God is omnipresent, so although He is not walking among us, He is within us, therefore part of His creation. The Holy Spirit was given to mankind to stay with us on earth. And as God is a trinity God, He is therefore part of His own creation!

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
I don't understand why a god would have to be separate from his "creation"
Why?

I'm thinking of a man and a woman. Two separate people. They hook up, marry, buy a house and have some kids. They've created a family. Yet they exist within the family. In fact, it's not much of a family without them.
Does that make sense or am I just totally off?

Status
Not open for further replies.