Goal celebrations

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

In the NFL(American Football) you're not allowed to celebrate after scoring a touchdown. Some people agree with the rule but a lot people disagree with it.

How mad would you be if they banned goal celebrations in soccer/futball?

There's a huge difference between the two sports, soccer you'll get one to three goals a game(average) in the NFL, you might get around nine touchdowns a game.

Thoughts?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I think the NFL is dumb for getting rid of them. I think choreographed celebrations are too much but what's wrong with celebrating with your teammates? If you use something that not part of the game itself I think that should be illegal. Soccer/Football shouldn't change anything...why take the fun out of a kids game?

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Celebrating after touchdowns isn't allowed in the NFL? I'm pretty sure I see them celebrate all the time. I thought they just banned using props.

I know in soccer they give yellow cards for taking off your shirt in celebration. Not sure what else isn't allowed.

I don't care a whole lot for choreographed celebrations. I wouldn't care if they banned them, and I don't care if they aren't banned either.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Football (Soccer) celebrations are pretty great, since goals don't get scored most of the time (Unless you are Germany or Argentina) it just adds extra spice to the game.

5. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Don't know about the premiership, but in the lower leagues i've seen bookings for going right over to the fans and celebrating with them instead of staying by the touch line.

Celebrating is part of the fun for footballers; it's awesome seeing players run towards the stands and cheering with the fans - it's a shame they don't allow that in the NFL.