• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Go Karting

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Today, for the first time ever, I went Go Karting with a mate as it was his birthday present for me and we went on the 85 km/h race for one hour and it was amazing. I loved every bit of it, was quite heartbreaking when the guy put the Last Lap sign up! :(

Have you gone Go Karting? Did you enjoy it?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have never tried it but I'd be curious. Though high speed is not appealing to me. I'm sure I'd get afraid and never try it again.

Danno

Registered Member
I've never been. I was queueing up for it once, but my friend said she was feeling unwell so we went elsewhere...to my relief.

It looks totally unsafe. I will probably try it sometime though, other people have said its a laugh.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
It's only safe if you drive safe. ;) But, it's really fun. When you watch others go in laps for an hour, it looks boring but when you are behind the wheel, different story.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've actually never been, which is somewhat surprising. Part of me says I guess it could be fun, but I've always thought "I drive so much everywhere else so it's just not that exciting." lol I'd be a terrible Nascar or IRL driver.

Dabs

Registered Member
I love it!! Love it!!!
Near where I live, the Great Smoky Mountains, which is a tourist trap, they have places called Gatlingburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville...and they are loaded with places like this...full of go kart rides and other fast rides!
My granddaughter and I go every year, we have a blast!
I have crashed a couple of times....but I'm getting better...and faster :)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It is really fun. I miss it though because they got rid of the go cart track near where I live at, so if I want to go ride go karts I have to drive 50 miles to the closest one. I have fun riding them, but it is not worth a 50 mile drive.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't gone in years which is a real shame. I always loved Go Karting when I was a young kid. We had a small track on the street I used to live on, and I went there quite a few times before they went out of business. There's a really popular one downtown in my city and you can go up to 85 km/h. I want to grab a few buddies and just spend a few hours there.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Go Karting is awesome. I haven't been a lot recently, but when I was younger, I used to go all the time. It's best when mixed with a game of mini golf. Ha.