• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GMail Users Read This!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to say I didn't know about this:

http://21st.blogspot.com/2006/09/use-gmail-generate-unlimited-e-mail.html

Gmail has an interesting quirk where you can add a plus sign (+) after your Gmail address, and it'll still get to your inbox. It's called plus-addressing, and it essentially gives you an unlimited number of e-mail addresses to play with. Here's how it works: say your address is [email protected], and you want to automatically label all work e-mails. Add a plus sign and a phrase to make it [email protected] and set up a filter to label it work (to access your filters go to Settings->Filters and create a filter for messages addressed to [email protected]. Then add the label work).

More real world examples:

Find out who is spamming you: Be sure to use plus-addressing for every form you fill out online and give each site a different plus address.

Example: You could use
[email protected] for nytimes.com
[email protected] for freestuff.com
Then you can tell which site has given your e-mail address to spammers, and automatically send them to the trash.
Very cool, and very convenient. I wish other mail programs used this feature as well.

Thermal

Registered Member
Gmail really does have some neat features. I just found out about filters a few weeks ago, and I'll will be making good use of the feature described above.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
GMail also offers GMail for domains, so in essence if I wanted to set up email at one of my websites, I could use the + features as well.

Apparently anybody with a domain can use GMail for domains.

https://www.google.com/a/