GMail Auto Pilot, AI Auto Replies, etc

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now this is cool. GMail has a new autopilot function. It will automatically reply to your emails (if you want) with a response that it creates based on your personality and past emails you've sent.

Gmail: Google's approach to email

Pretty cool.

Too bad it's April 1st today... :shake:

But seriously, would you use this if it was available? I wouldn't. Seems like a good way to really screw up some relationships by accident. :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't really see what good it would do. Does it reply to emails that you haven't even read yet? Why even use email then? I saw it when I was checking my email today. It's probably an April Fools joke.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I wouldn't use that particular feature, mainly because I have different responses to different people. I wouldn't talk to my dad the same way I talk to my friends, for instance.

Gmail does have auto response that you can set up for specific email addresses. Like for my ex, I set it to auto filter his emails to the trash, and to auto respond with. "This user is no longer accepting emails from this address. This user wishes you to go fuck yourself and leave her alone. kthxdai"

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh it's definitely an April Fools joke Echoes. I mean, look at this screenshot:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
What if you were trying to avoid someone you didn't want to talk to and then the auto reply program invited them over for a nice dinner.......awkward!!!

~Shwa