• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Global Warming convention lacks luster this year

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
PRUDEN: Turn out the lights, the party's over - Washington Times

I didn't even realize there was a global warming conference. Last year Copenhagen was like Ringling Bros. was in town, this year nobody cares. Amazing how quick perception on global warming changed. Tells me the economy has gotten a lot worse globally in a year and climate change is now way down the list.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Climate change was pretty much the only thing they were talking about on BBC International the other night.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Maybe its just a US thing then. I remember the Copenhagen summit being a rather big deal and all of the top politicians flying over there. It doesn't seem like anyone really cares this year.
Which, I'm cool with of course.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Apparently wikileaks has uncovered some of the Copenhagen shenanigans.

m.guardian.co.uk

Maybe the failure at Copenhagen used up all the political capital they were willing to spend on this issue.