• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Global Killer Asteroid headed for Earth.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
The article said they could smash spacecrafts into it to alter its course, so no worries...

But if I remember correctly, a fairly large asteroid missed the Earth by about 6 hours a few years ago. That's pretty crazy to think about.

2010Dolby

Registered Member
I think most of Earths population will have other things to worry about by then. This will probably be just another drop in the bucket

TNBs

Registered Member
Why should I worry?
I can't do anything about it. I don't think I should be afraid. After all what will come will come no matter what I do, and I prefer to live my life with out the awareness of my death, provided its pretty quick.

If scientist are concerned, then I think they would be the best lot to solve this problem.

It IS awesome to think about how close we (as a global community) have come and will come to obliteration. Kinda makes us seem puny. :)

2010Dolby

Registered Member
Why should I worry?
I can't do anything about it. I don't think I should be afraid. After all what will come will come no matter what I do, and I prefer to live my life with out the awareness of my death, provided its pretty quick.

If scientist are concerned, then I think they would be the best lot to solve this problem.

It IS awesome to think about how close we (as a global community) have come and will come to obliteration. Kinda makes us seem puny. :)
Ya exactly. If it was something we could at least attempt to fix, like an economic or diplomatic situation, then we should be more concerned. But if its something thats completely out of our hands then theres really no point in worrying. Might as well just prime the keg then haha:D

BigBob

Registered Member
I expect to be dead by then so it shouldn't effect me as much as it'll effect you guys if it hits. But again, if the movie Armageddon taught us anything, we can blow shit up.