• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Glenn Healy

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is interesting. First, Glenn Healy of "Hockey Night in Canada" takes a shot from John Tortorella. Then, when Healy responds, he gets slapped down again by one of his on-air colleagues.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... --nhl.html

Friedman is annoying at times, but he's slowly growing on me. I think he'll take over for Maclean when he retires.

Healy's a moron. He is impossible to listen to. I wish the CBC would hire players that played a position other than back up goalie to be analysts. And no, I don't consider P.J. Stock to be a real player.

Yeah Glen Healy is unbearable I remember him standing on his head in a playoff series against the Capitals when he was with the Isles when I was a kid but other then that he was a good back up goalie. P.J. Stock is even worse then Healy. The worst is how smug Healy is.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Anyone who uses the term "we" as a colour commentator on a national broadcast should be fired. That's my view. CBC is not in the business of being homers. That's what Sportsnet Oilers or Sportsnet Flames is for.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The thing with Glenn Healy is that he thinks his opinion is always right, and he'll tooth and nail to defend it...which obviously makes him sound like a moron. I wish he could just go away because his comments are becoming worse every year.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
He spent way too much time on the players union. He speaks of the game as if he has something against the game. Just watch him if they ever have a topic about changing rules, equipment... etc. Gets a little red in the face and won't shut up.

Rehmo

Healy for years as annoyed me to no end.. Whether hes talking out his ass on the panel or yapping when hes between the benches. I used to think Piere McGuire was bad but Healy is 100x worse. The only person that I dislike more is Ray Farraro. CBC has a history of hiring morons to talk way to much.

BobbyD_29

Healy's an idiot. I've never seen anyone who likes him.

Contrary to Rehmo, I think Ferraro does a great job between the benches on TSN.

Rehmo

I find Ferraro just annoying... I think hes really knowledgable but he just does shut up lol so all his good points get mudded down by gibberish.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Rehmo said:
Healy for years as annoyed me to no end.. Whether hes talking out his ass on the panel or yapping when hes between the benches. I used to think Piere McGuire was bad but Healy is 100x worse. The only person that I dislike more is Ray Farraro. CBC has a history of hiring morons to talk way to much.
Pierre Maguire annoys me more than Glenn Healy. I've always had a soft spot for Healy for some reason, but he does annoy me at times.

I'm happy he doesn't do national broadcast games, but the absolute worst is Rob Ray with the Sabres. He is such a homer and quite frankly I don't think he knows what the hell he's talking about most of the time. For example, the Leafs were beating the Sabres 4-2 a few years ago, and Andrew Peters fought Wade Belak on the ensuing face-off. Belak undisputedly beat Peters in that fight, and Ray says "Peters' job right there was to get the momentum back on the Sabres side and he just did a fantastically good job of doing that!" :?

Rehmo

BJBirdy said:
Rehmo said:
Pierre Maguire annoys me more than Glenn Healy. I've always had a soft spot for Healy for some reason, but he does annoy me at times.
Is it the awful helmet he use to wear?