• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Glenn Beck's Saudi National Story

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This started in the other thread, but its not really related. Here's the catch-up story:
Update On Saudi National Story - TheBlazeTV - The Glenn Beck Program - 2013.04.18 - YouTube

As I said, I'm impartial. If Beck's got the info I look forward to seeing it. If not, my opinion of him will greatly diminish. However, I will say that after Benghazi, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Also unfortunately I learned from Benghazi, the majority of Americans just won't care.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So what did Glenn Beck reveal today?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I like how he's quoting The Blaze and talking about it as if it's an outside source and not something he actually owns. Once again, it seems all Glenn has is a bunch of vague theories and flimsy 'connections' that make up what he calls the truth. I've got my share of opinions on conspiracies and things I believe have been covered up and lied about but this is just silly.

dDave

V.I.P.
I like how he's quoting The Blaze and talking about it as if it's an outside source and not something he actually owns. Once again, it seems all Glenn has is a bunch of vague theories and flimsy 'connections' that make up what he calls the truth. I've got my share of opinions on conspiracies and things I believe have been covered up and lied about but this is just silly.
Yeah because repeatedly using the term "we" when referring to The Blaze definitely makes it sound like an outside source. :rolleyes:

Glenn Beck is very good at doing his homework, I wouldn't put it past him at all to have something right. Doesn't matter if it sounds crazy.

He's the one that discovered that broke Van Jones being a communist, that Anita Dunn's Hero is Mao Tse Tung, that Acorn supports prostitution, that Sonia Sotomayor is literally anti-constitution. Doesn't matter if it sounds crazy, he's worth at least listening to.

Beck says all the time not to take his word for it but to go out, do your own homework, and come to your own conclusions.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Yeah because repeatedly using the term "we" when referring to The Blaze definitely makes it sound like an outside source. :rolleyes:
You clearly do not watch him or have not seen even clips of him on television, he talks from a 'we' perspective constantly, Dave. It's how he pulls the audience closer to the TV. This is hardly indicative of anything.

Glenn Beck is very good at doing his homework, I wouldn't put it past him at all to have something right. Doesn't matter if it sounds crazy.
Actually he's wrong very often, as most pundits are. I can appreciate someone putting out ideas that others might find far fetched, but Beck has built his career on fear mongering and outright lying to his audience. It's why most people, republicans included, tend to take what he says with a few grains of salt.

He's the one that discovered that broke Van Jones being a communist
Who?

that Anita Dunn's Hero is Mao Tse Tung
Who?

that Acorn supports prostitution,
Except they don't, but this could spawn a whole thread again since that whole situation was grossly misinterpreted and used

that Sonia Sotomayor is literally anti-constitution.
How?

Beck says all the time not to take his word for it but to go out, do your own homework, and come to your own conclusions.
Of course he does, it's part of his shtick. He scares up the audience with all these theories and only after that does he tell them to 'come to their own conclusions'. Well, if I told you Billy Smith down the street is a wife-beating asshole for thirty minutes and then sent you to his house to observe him, I'm sure you'd be holding on to some of what I was telling you and probably look too deeply into things. It's not exactly objective to plant the ideas, then tell the person to think for themselves, that's kind of reverse of how actual objectivity works.

dDave

V.I.P.
This isn't really the thread for it, but here we go. (since we're on the subject of Beck and these 2 are related to him)

Anita Dunn - Former White House Communications Director (also Obama's debate coach) - Beck was reporting on the things that the white house was doing and asked her to simply call him if he got anything wrong (she had made the claim that she watched Beck's show), he had a special phone line set up just for her and he made sure that she had the number. The phone call never came...

Van Jones - Former Special Advisor For Green Jobs (he's a self avowed communist). Helped to start Apollo, the group that wrote the Stimulus Package and Cap and Trade. Also responsible for what I like to call the Grand Unified Theory of Progressive Politics. Basically you can gather the green movement, the unions, and the social justice movement (many people happen to be a part of all 3), that you can control the entire country with these three movements.

And Merc, don't you worry, I watch/listen to Beck on a very regular basis and have for years. He doesn't just go out there and spew a bunch of nonsense, everything he says is supported by the evidence he has in front of him. He makes connections and comes to a conclusion, do all of us not do that exact same thing?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Anita Dunn - Former White House Communications Director (also Obama's debate coach) - Beck was reporting on the things that the white house was doing and asked her to simply call him if he got anything wrong (she had made the claim that she watched Beck's show), he had a special phone line set up just for her and he made sure that she had the number. The phone call never came...
Or you know, she simply didn't want to be on his show. How does this prove anything?

And Merc, don't you worry, I watch/listen to Beck on a very regular basis and have for years. He doesn't just go out there and spew a bunch of nonsense, everything he says is supported by the evidence he has in front of him. He makes connections and comes to a conclusion, do all of us not do that exact same thing?
I guess we see two different people because to me, Beck has always been an entertainer first and a journalist second (although I think journalist may even be a stretch). What you're telling me is that he theorizes, which yes, every single human being does. Like I said, his problem, like with this Saudi national story is that his connections tend to be quite vague or his supposed 'facts' end up being exaggerations of smaller truths. A lot of pundits of all political ideologies are guilty of this.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Even though Dave is right about all of this:
He's the one that discovered that broke Van Jones being a communist, that Anita Dunn's Hero is Mao Tse Tung, that Acorn supports prostitution, that Sonia Sotomayor is literally anti-constitution.
That discussion is just noise and has nothing to do with this case. The story only involves Beck because he's the only one with the stones to investigate it.

This is a fair rundown of the what's happened: ‘Armed and Dangerous’: Beck’s Latest Revelations on Saudi National Once a ‘Person of Interest’ in Boston Bombings | Video | TheBlaze.com

I'm no expert but I'd say Beck is in so deep at this point either one of two things will happen.
1 - Beck will be proven wrong and will be destroyed by Federal lawsuits (falsifying documents) and civil lawsuits (slander). or
2 - Heads will roll inside the administration. Janet Napolitano may have perjured herself yesterday based on the evidence Beck released.
(#1 ain't going to happen)

Its an amazing story. 52% of people ignored the 4 dead Americans in Bengahzi that were refused help and a lot of people will ignore this too. So, I don't know if it will ever get the attention it deserves but the facts are there.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Even though Dave is right about all of this:

That discussion is just noise and has nothing to do with this case. The story only involves Beck because he's the only one with the stones to investigate it.

This is a fair rundown of the what's happened: ‘Armed and Dangerous’: Beck’s Latest Revelations on Saudi National Once a ‘Person of Interest’ in Boston Bombings | Video | TheBlaze.com

I'm no expert but I'd say Beck is in so deep at this point either one of two things will happen.
1 - Beck will be proven wrong and will be destroyed by Federal lawsuits (falsifying documents) and civil lawsuits (slander). or
2 - Heads will roll inside the administration. Janet Napolitano may have perjured herself yesterday based on the evidence Beck released.
(#1 ain't going to happen)

Its an amazing story. 52% of people ignored the 4 dead Americans in Bengahzi that were refused help and a lot of people will ignore this too. So, I don't know if it will ever get the attention it deserves but the facts are there.
Exactly.

Everyone can just ignore Benghazi (which is a scandal in and of itself) but everyone is up in flames about the Boston Marathon bombing.

President Obama isn't even willing to refer to this as an act of Jihad. What I really want to know is how these guys funded this act of terror, one was a student and the other was unemployed (and somehow had the cash for a 6 month trip to Russia.)