• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Glenn Beck

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'm not sure this is intillectually honest. You state that whatever comes of his mouth you basically think is garbage and yet have no examples? Logically one would has some reasoning to back up your opinion of Beck. But that is a topic for a different thread
Well it wasn't necessary in that thread to go in to why I think Glenn Beck is such a ridiculous, crazy, over the top, moronic, dumbshit, knobhead of a "political commentator" (and I use the term loosely in this case) so if it is the topic for another thread, then why not go at it!

What's everyone's opinion of this divisive entertainer?

So if people such as Van are looking for examples of why I think this "great patriot" is one of the worst things ever to appear on a television screen, here we go:

(I put it in a spoiler because even though it's possible to go on forever, what a tried to limit it to was still fairly long!)

Glenn Beck said:
”I don’t think we came from monkeys. I think that’s ridiculous. I haven’t seen a half-monkey, half-person yet."
I know there are people on here who would agree with Beck on this front, but personally I think not only is it a completely ignorant and uneducated standpoint, but the way it is argues against is the most moronic argument against evolution I have ever heard. If I want to believe in someone's credentials as a political analyst, I would hope that they would commit even the SLIGHTEST research in to an issue before completely dismissing it. The old "my father wasn't a monkey!! ahyuk hyuk" argument just screams stupidity.

Glenn Beck said:
”Barack Obama … chose to use his name Barack for a reason — to identify, not with America — you don’t take the name Barack to identify with America. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage? The heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical? Is — really? Searching for something to give him any kind of meaning, just as he was searching later in life for religion.”
No... I'm pretty sure he uses his name Barack because THAT'S HIS FUCKING NAME.

Glenn Beck said:
”The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be President would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?”’
Yeah that's some great political commentary there. Sure would be great to have someone in the White House who shares THIS guys policies.

Glenn Beck said:
“They [Democrats in Congress] believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You’re going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.”
Again, something we've gone over to the death on GF and I know some people will ridiculously agree with him on most of this statement, but there are a few completely moronic things here in my opinion

1. Stating that the Democrats in Congress are pushing for a Communist state. Yeah, I guess that's why they're bedfellows with all the same private corporations and banks that the republicans are, yeah? As I've said before, the Democrats are NOWHERE near communism on any level. The most they've done is dipped their toes in to a mixed economy of welfare, which is an element of most centre-right states anyway. I would imagine someone who works as a political commentator to know this.

2. The fearmongering. Oh the epic fearmongering! I'm sure instilling plenty of fear and trigger-happiness into a country filled with millions of guns is the way to keep people safe! :nod:

Glenn Beck said:
”There are a lot of universities that are as dangerous with the indoctrination of the children as terrorists are in Iran or North Korea. We have been setting up reeducation camps. We call them universities.”
Education is bad, m'kay?

Glenn Beck said:
"I know the progressives are using progressive tactics. They’re not using Nazi tactics. The real answer is the Nazis were using early American progressive tactics. And that’s not my opinion, that’s historic fact.”
I can't even wrap my head around the timeline of that ridiculous statement

Glenn Beck said:
"So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening." –"The Glenn Beck Program,"
Ah yes, that's what stem cells is all about: Hitler's Plan!! Let;s ignore the potential for naturally curing things such as cancer and even blindness (by the way, this guy is absolutely OBSESSED with Hitler. He compares EVREYTHING to him.

Glenn Beck said:
"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining."

“The only [Katrina victims] we’re seeing on television are the scumbags.”
Those last two aren't so much an example of Beck holding completely ridiculous political ideals, but it is more about him being a MASSIVE cunt.

In my opinion, Fox news promoting people like Beck because he is "entertaining" is one of the reasons why the republican party in America has gone so batshit insane (again, my opinion). He's an entertainer who people unfortunately take seriously because he's on a news channel, then when he ups the ante on his craziness so he can get more media attention, people STILL take him seriously. He is everything that is wrong with dumbed down, sensationalist American TV news in general. And I hate his FACE.

Discuss....?

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never read or listen to anything Glen Beck says anymore, to me he is right up there with Rush Limbaugh. He gets so ridiculous with his claims I don't see how anyone takes him seriously but I guess that gets him followers. Even if there is a small amount of truth in what he says he starts spouting nonsense to make it sound worse, like the comparison to Hitler and Eugenics and any truth gets lost in his rhetoric. I'm no fan of Obama but he's not as bad as Beck would like you to believe.

dDave

V.I.P.
See, once again, people that don't live in America but rather Europe just aren't going to get it (just like I don't understand how most of Europe is so far to the left, makes no sense to me). Compared to Europe Glenn Beck is crazy far to the right whereas the majority of Europe is super far to the left as far as America is concerned.

I don't see him as an entertainer at all. I see him as someone that really strives to get the truth out there.

I know there are people on here who would agree with Beck on this front, but personally I think not only is it a completely ignorant and uneducated standpoint, but the way it is argues against is the most moronic argument against evolution I have ever heard. If I want to believe in someone's credentials as a political analyst, I would hope that they would commit even the SLIGHTEST research in to an issue before completely dismissing it. The old "my father wasn't a monkey!! ahyuk hyuk" argument just screams stupidity.
Yeah, so people who think evolution is incorrect are wrong. :rolleyes: It's a theory, not a fact. It's not ignorant to disagree with it just because scientists feel that way, you know, many scientists don't think evolution is right. People like me agree with this statement and take it very seriously. I have done extensive research on this and come to this conclusion. If you want to debate evolution then take that one to a different thread as well.

No... I'm pretty sure he uses his name Barack because THAT'S HIS ****ING NAME.
I guess you aren't aware that he was known as "Barry" for a large portion of his life. For a long time he even had his mothers last name of Soetero.

Education is bad, m'kay?
That's a poor interpretation of what was said.

I can't even wrap my head around the timeline of that ridiculous statement
You've apparently never heard him speak on Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, or Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Ah yes, that's what stem cells is all about: Hitler's Plan!! Let;s ignore the potential for naturally curing things such as cancer and even blindness (by the way, this guy is absolutely OBSESSED with Hitler. He compares EVREYTHING to him.
The quote you used is taken way out of context. Try this...

So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research, and then some, fundamentally changing – remember, those great progressive doctors are the ones who brought us Eugenics. It was the progressive movement and it science. Let’s put science truly in her place. If evolution is right, why don’t we just help out evolution? That was the idea. And sane people agreed with it!

And it was from America. Progressive movement in America. Eugenics. In case you don’t know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. …. The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening. So I guess I have to put my name on yes, I hope Barack Obama fails. But I just want his policies to fail; I want America to wake up.
He's not saying that Eugenics is coming, try this article. (http://catholicexchange.com/beck-to...-nazi-eugenics-and-obamacare-reform-experts/_

Those last two aren't so much an example of Beck holding completely ridiculous political ideals, but it is more about him being a MASSIVE ****.
Yeah, that does sound really bad, until you take it into context...

“Let me be real honest with you. I don’t think anybody on talk radio—I don’t think anybody in their right mind is going to say this out loud—but I wonder if I’m the only one that feels this way. Yesterday, when I saw the ATM cards being handed out, the $2,000 ATM cards, and they were being handed out at the Astrodome. And they actually had to close the Astrodome and seal it off for a while because there was a near-riot trying to get to these ATM cards. My first thought was, it’s not like they’re going to run out of the $2,000 ATM cards. You can wait! You know, stand in line.… When you are rioting for these tickets, or these ATM cards, the second thing that came to mind was—and this is horrible to say, and I wonder if I’m alone in this—you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims’ families? Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I really wanted to help them, and I was behind, you know, ‘Let’s give them money, let’s get this started.’ All of this stuff. And I really didn’t—of the 3,000 victims’ families, I don’t hate all of them. Probably about 10 of them. And when I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up!’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining. And we did our best for them. And, again, it’s only about 10. But the second thought I had when I saw these people and they had to shut down the Astrodome and lock it down, I thought: I didn’t think I could hate victims faster than the 9/11 victims. These guys—you know it’s really sad. We’re not hearing anything about Mississippi. We’re not hearing anything about Alabama. We’re hearing about the victims in New Orleans. This is a 90,000-square-mile disaster site, New Orleans is 181 square miles. A hundred and—0.2 percent of the disaster area is New Orleans! And that’s all we’re hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones we’re seeing on television are the scumbags—and again, it’s not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It’s just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they’re getting all the attention. It’s exactly like the 9/11 victims’ families. There’s about 10 of them that are spoiling it for everybody.”

In my opinion, Fox news promoting people like Beck because he is "entertaining" is one of the reasons why the republican party in America has gone so bat**** insane (again, my opinion). He's an entertainer who people unfortunately take seriously because he's on a news channel, then when he ups the ante on his craziness so he can get more media attention, people STILL take him seriously. He is everything that is wrong with dumbed down, sensationalist American TV news in general. And I hate his FACE.

Discuss....?
Glenn Beck is on The Blaze (GBTV)... he hasn't been on Fox in over 2 years.

How often have you listened to Glenn Beck? Truly, I don't think people outside of America are going to understand what he stands for. Conservatism seems like a foreign concept to many people (so naturally, they don't like it, not one bit).

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm going to try to use generalforum to explain BeckLimbaughHannityFOXNews.

You did not get the thing about Beck thinking that the lack of ape-man disproves evolution from his show or from the media uproar from when he said it. You got that from MediaMatters, even if you don't know you got it from there:
Glenn Beck denies his "half-human, half-monkey" roots | Blog | Media Matters for America

This is a website, funded by George Soros, that pays people to listen to talk radio and Fox all day long and write press releases about whatever they can to make them look bad, truth does not matter. Then the releases are blasted all over the internet to various blogs and news sites.
https://www.google.com/search?q=+I+...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Blog after blog about what is obvious to anyone, is not a serious statement.

How does generalforum come in? Look at what Van, CO, Dave, Smilin myself and others said about ObamaCare 3 years ago. Look at what we said about Benghazi 14 months ago. Look at what we said about the IRS. I can pull it up, but what we've said forever about what would happen to ObamaCare is exactly what is happening now. Now look and members names that I will be kind and not mention said about those things when the news first broke. Their response was "Yeah that sounds like a GlennBeckFOXNews conspiracy- you're such a fool".

You admit that you hate Glenn Beck. You've never listened to him, but you hate the guy? Websites like MediaMatters and the bazillion others that were in that search exist to destroy Beck and others so that you and most of the population will immediately tune out anything that comes from that source. And you and others will only get your info from sources that have been approved, so to speak.

Here's an example. A few days ago Dave posted a video of Richard Dawkins on Real Time saying that Obama is probably an atheist. The thread blew up because dave posted a link from a Beck website. What?!? Are you saying that Beck dressed up like Dawkins and Maher and faked a video of him saying that? Its completely irrational to say that the story is false because it came from theblaze. It was a video of Dawkins saying, I think he's an atheist and the wall went up for a lot of members. Just like it did with Obama Care 3 years ago.

Isolate anyone opposing you and destroy him, then you can do anything. I'm sorry to say this, you're being a sheep.

Last edited:

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I think Dave's post covered most of these.

I will I listen to Beck regularly, at least once every other week or so. He is not the man he is portrayed as if you listen. It's not hard to quote someone out of context. I don't really watch MSNBC, so am I supposed to just assume that Chris Matthews is a bigot who thinks all conservatives are evil, fear mongering, racists, sexists, and uneducated nitwits? Or all the VERY dumb videos there are of him on youtube? No. He says some stuff that doesn't sit well with me sometimes but I don't really watch him so I can't have a true opinion of him. People would do well to inform themselves before they form their opinions. Actually inform, not watch youtube videos, and read opinions on partisan websites. I google "dumb things glenn beck has said" and find pretty much your quotes right away haha. And their all on partisan websites, go figure.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'm gonna keep it brief as it's 6am here and I'm in the middle of a very long project and there's a whole lot to reply to.

dDave - there was a time I'd probably tip toe around this but I can't be arsed. Evolution is a fact. Sorry, you're wrong and so is Glenn Beck. You're using the non-scientific definition of the word "theory" where it is something that may or may not be true. Scientific "theories" are simply methods for how we explain facts. Gravity being the most commonly cited example. Science doesn't just say "right so! taht theory has been proved, it's finished now, it's no longer a theory" because then we would never continue to find out more and more about what the theory is about. Which is the essence of science. It doesn't just read a book and settle on some very vague and loosely put together completely faith-based facts, because then there would be no such thing as science and we wouldn't understand the world around us at all. Creationist arguments are something I've also researched a whole lot in to and they just don't hold up at ALL. Topic for another thread yeah, but basically: Fine if people want to believe that, but I find it hard to take any "news source" as reliable when they can't even grasp that basic fact of life.

And yes, I was aware that Obama was known as 'Barry' by his friends in high school, but who the fuck uses their nickname as their official name on anything? PRETTY sure it just goes by your birth cert (fuck, I shouldn't have mentioned the cert... That could throw up a whole lot more ridiculousness)

MiT, I don't get your point. He said it. It was still something he stood by. What the source is is irrelevant. Unless they held a gun to his head and forced him to say ridiculous things so that they could discredit him. As for the Dawkins thread, if anyone blew that up because it was on Beck's show it was in my opinion fans of his who seemed to be incredibly over defensive of him. It certainly wasn't an issue for me in my initial post in the thread. I just called him a moron, because I cant help but mention him and not call him that. He was completely irrelevant in that Dawkins/Obama argument.

And to Van, where else was I going to get a list of direct quotes from the mouth of Beck himself other than google it?? And of course I was going to pick the most notably batshit insane ones as that was the POINT of my fucking post. First you say that I discredit him with absolutely no evidence, then when I provide direct quotes you say "ah but you just googled them". What, does it only count if I have them all recorded perfectly in my memory for any opportune time?

As for this whole "well you've never listened to Beck yet you hate him", why would I have such a strong opinion of someone I've never listened to? Sure I don't watch him religiously, but I watch him the same way I love watching Alex Jones and very regularly listen to infowars (although I'll admit, Beck isn't quite as batshit insane as Jones, but what he lacks in insanity he makes up for in cuntness) partly for the sheer hilarity - such as his absolutely nonsensical chalkboard/diagram/picture analysis of pretty much everything (does it get any more dumbed down than that?) and also because I find this insane route that Beck takes, and brings his followers with him, intriguing. He has a huge following and as moronic as he may be has a huge amount of influence so it's interesting to see what this large amount of people think.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm gonna keep it brief as it's 6am here and I'm in the middle of a very long project and there's a whole lot to reply to.

dDave - there was a time I'd probably tip toe around this but I can't be arsed. Evolution is a fact. Sorry, you're wrong and so is Glenn Beck. You're using the non-scientific definition of the word "theory" where it is something that may or may not be true. Scientific "theories" are simply methods for how we explain facts. Gravity being the most commonly cited example. Science doesn't just say "right so! taht theory has been proved, it's finished now, it's no longer a theory" because then we would never continue to find out more and more about what the theory is about. Which is the essence of science. It doesn't just read a book and settle on some very vague and loosely put together completely faith-based facts, because then there would be no such thing as science and we wouldn't understand the world around us at all. Creationist arguments are something I've also researched a whole lot in to and they just don't hold up at ALL. Topic for another thread yeah, but basically: Fine if people want to believe that, but I find it hard to take any "news source" as reliable when they can't even grasp that basic fact of life.
You can expect a thread about this in the near future.

And yes, I was aware that Obama was known as 'Barry' by his friends in high school, but who the fuck uses their nickname as their official name on anything? PRETTY sure it just goes by your birth cert (fuck, I shouldn't have mentioned the cert... That could throw up a whole lot more ridiculousness)
How about Ted Cruz?

Wooly, you seem to be pretty upset by us conservatives in America. I'd encourage you to at least consider that we may be right. (Good debate though :))

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never ever ever ever ever (did I mention ever) take anything Glenn Beck says seriously. He's what they call in radio a 'shock jockey.' Someone who just says stupid shit to get people talking regardless if its true, factual or something he actually believes.

I think he's just stiring the pot to get people to watch his horrible show. The dude is an assclown who I'll never take seriously.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.

And to Van, where else was I going to get a list of direct quotes from the mouth of Beck himself other than google it?? And of course I was going to pick the most notably batshit insane ones as that was the POINT of my fucking post. First you say that I discredit him with absolutely no evidence, then when I provide direct quotes you say "ah but you just googled them". What, does it only count if I have them all recorded perfectly in my memory for any opportune time?.
This is great haha, you literally just proved my point. If I had just posted "well you just googled that and posted it" you would be correct, and my argument would have been laughable. However MY point was that you simply googled it AND quoted Beck out of context pretty much every time, and you clearly made no effort to look up what context any of those things were said in. You simply pulled the quotes off of liberal sites that gave no context. Look at what you just did when you referred to me in your last post. You completely ignored the second and most important part of my argument, ironically then, thus taking what I said completely out of context simply wanting to make me look like a fool. Same thing those liberal sites did to Beck. It's like you only read my first sentence and responded to only that without reading anything else I said haha, essentially arguing about what I said and putting it WAY out of context. I obviously was not making the argument that quotes are only legitimate if you remember them perfectly by memory, but nice straw man attempt.

Also on the question of evolution, you're simply incorrect. Look up the definition of a scientific law versus a scientific theory haha. It's call the LAW of gravity. It isn't disputed. Sure minor details are experimented with by physicists, but the general law is accepted as true. Evolution is however NOT generally accepted as true and is disputed all the time. Of course when you quote Beck saying that he opposes education, Beck is actually referring to the fact that biased schools teach evolution as fact when they shouldn't. He wasn't saying that he opposes education and if you actually were to inform yourself on him or even just look up his quotes with the context surrounding them, you'd see that. On his monkey quote if you'd actually listened to him you would understand that he was making a comedic joke, he wasnt seriously making that argument haha. This point alone tells me that you've never truly just listened to his show. I'm curious where you learn about Beck from? Obviously the source is pretty biased. Also if you think that evolution is in fact, fact, you must be living inside of a bubble. I hear arguments in support and all the time as you also claim as you said you've done research. Did you get that info on the same type of sites you learned about Beck? There are plenty of sources on both sides, but if you only read one side you'll of course think that everyone must be reading the same, and anyone who doesn't agree must be a member of an extreme minority who is obviously uneducated and stupid. On a side note, I think it's laughable that liberal "open mindedness" means that if you somehow reach a different conclusion you must be an uneducated moron.

Sorry if I had any typos I'm on my phone.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Nobody is arguing micro-evolution, ie a wolf becomes a dog and then many dog species. Macro, or Darwinian evolution is what is at dispute. There's zero evidence that a elephant became something else, like a whale. Macroevolution isn't science, its a fairy-tale.

MiT, I don't get your point. He said it. It was still something he stood by. What the source is is irrelevant. Unless they held a gun to his head and forced him to say ridiculous things so that they could discredit him. As for the Dawkins thread, if anyone blew that up because it was on Beck's show it was in my opinion fans of his who seemed to be incredibly over defensive of him. It certainly wasn't an issue for me in my initial post in the thread. I just called him a moron, because I cant help but mention him and not call him that. He was completely irrelevant in that Dawkins/Obama argument.
I don't care what your opinion of Beck is. I was just pointing out that its coming from someone that is paid to listen to Beck all day and write press releases that make him look uninformed or a bigot or whatever. Its like someone paid me $10/hr to flip through generalforum and pull quotes that you said and present them as evidence that you're a moron. So maybe 3 years ago in sub-talk there was a joke thread called 'Who would you run over in a car?' and you said "Justin Beiber, man I hate that dude." And then I wrote a press release about how you were plotting to kill JB because he hate him so much. What sort of impression would that leave on someone that knows nothing about you?

I'm not here to defend Beck. I'm not his biggest fan. He's wrong about a lot of stuff. At the same time, I have learned a lot from Beck. I'm just pointing out where your opinion of him comes from.