• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Glenn Beck calls for murder via headshot

Sim

Registered Member
I found this on another forum and for the sake of accurateness, and because the original poster is more eloquent on that matter than I am, I'll report it in entirety:

-----------------

(The obvious thing is to connect this to Tucson, I imagine, but I'm not: this is just absolutely the wrong thing to say, ever, regardless of any outcomes)

I think Beck is a tremendously dangerous and incendiary figure. But I thought that was true for all his paranoid talk of a coming apocalypse thanks to Barack Obama's NaziCommunism plan to kill everyone. That kind of talk triggers a "defense" reaction, inevitably.

But check this out. On June 9, 2010, he ran through a list of assorted "liberals". He dismissed some of them as not being communist revolutionaries (Reid, Pelosi, Biden, Bill Clinton, etc.).

But others? Like SEIU's Andy Stern? Some person from Code Pink (what would they do without Code Pink!?)? Van Jones? Ayers/Dorn? Van Jones? Maybe Cass Sunstein, Obama, Pelosi, who he's not so sure of?

Dangerous communist revolutionaries!

And these types, who dedicate their lives to overthrowing our system? He actually says they'll have to be shot in the head.

The Commander Guy's Post: Dispatches from the wingnut-O-sphere – Delusions of Glenn Beck
Just because you in Washington and you who are so out of touch with life in the media, just because you don't believe in anything doesn't mean nobody else does. We do. You know why you're confused by this show? It's because I believe in something. You don't.

Tea parties believe in small government. We believe in returning to the principles of our Founding Fathers. We respect them. We revere them. Shoot me in the head before I stop talking about the Founders. Shoot me in the head if you try to change our government.

I will stand against you and so will millions of others. We believe in something. You in the media and most in Washington don't. The radicals that you and Washington have co-opted and brought in wearing sheep's clothing — change the pose. You will get the ends.

You've been using them? They believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You're going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.

They are dangerous because they believe. Karl Marx is their George Washington. You will never change their mind. And if they feel you have lied to them — they're revolutionaries. Nancy Pelosi, those are the people you should be worried about.

Here is my advice when you're dealing with people who believe in something that strongly — you take them seriously. You listen to their words and you believe that they will follow up with what they say.

Didn't we learn that lesson from Usama bin Laden? I heard his warning in 1998. I said on the air at the time, listen to him. We didn't listen. We didn't listen to the revolutionaries in Germany, the revolutionaries in Russia or Venezuela or Cuba — no, no, no. They all have one thing in common. They have all called for revolution.

They want to overthrow our entire system of government, and their words say it. Why won't you believe it?
I suppose that strictly speaking he was saying the Democrats will have to do the shooting to save themselves from their CRAZY liberal supporters. But why even go there. After all, if they won't do it, then who will? Maybe the people you just said you'd have to kill (people like Beck and his fans) if you try to do what the evil liberals want and change the government? I mean, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better example of someone projecting their own attitudes onto someone else than the 3rd paragraph from the end there. It's a perfect match to his description of himself, so that's how he views these crazy liberals thinking too.

I suppose I'll never stop being amazed this lunatic's still on the air.
--------------------

No further comment necessary, I believe.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Maybe it's just me but saying things like "you're going to have to shoot me in the head" or saying that about someone else is a pretty common saying, for saying the person will stubbornly stand by their position, not LITERALLY shoot them in the head. It's pretty common for me anyway. I've used it before.

This is just a pathetic excuse to draw a line between what happened in Arizona to these remarks. It's silly.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Beck is not calling for murder though. He said: There are people that want to transform this country. They will have to shoot me and millions of other Americans in the head before they do it.
Tea parties believe in small government. We believe in returning to the principles of our Founding Fathers. We respect them. We revere them. Shoot me in the head before I stop talking about the Founders. Shoot me in the head if you try to change our government.

I will stand against you and so will millions of others. We believe in something. You in the media and most in Washington don't. The radicals that you and Washington have co-opted and brought in wearing sheep's clothing — change the pose. You will get the ends.

I'll explain this part the best I can:
You've been using them? They believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You're going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.
You've been using them? -Some politicians have been using radicals in order gain votes. The idea being they will use them for awhile to get votes, but not go along with what the radicals want. For example: Michael Moore at the Democrat National Convention or Code Pink or the anarchist protesting in the streets. If you don't give them what they want, they will come after you and use violence.

You're going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you. -This is a warning to any politician that uses radicals to gain power. The You're is not Beck audience, it is the pol that used groups like Code Pink to get in office.

Last edited: