• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Glee Star Cory Monteith Dies

Impact

V.I.P.
I just woke up to this and was a little amazed by it - figured there are quite a few Gleeks here. Honestly, I thought he was younger than 31, but still sad anyway. They don't know the cause of death, but apparently he had a history of substance abuse so something to do with that maybe? RIP

Cory Monteith: Glee Star Found Dead In Hotel

Elanor

Registered Member
Couldn't believe this when I read it. I am not a massive Glee fan, but I do enjoy it. I really liked him in it, and in real life he always came across as a really lovely guy.

It's really sad, 31 is no age. RIP.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I didn't know he was a Glee actor, although I knew he was part of the TV world.
I woke up to google's news about him and felt really sad.

He was so young! :(

May he rest in peace!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The news shocked me. Then the selfish "fan" first thought "dang, how are they going to rewrite the show to take that into account". I can imagine them doing a tribute episode. That would be sooooo sad.

Iris

rainbow 11!
yeah, that is crazy. i was surprised. but i know he had a history of drug problems prior to acting, like in his teens. it's sad he couldn't overcome it. i feel for his family and lea michelle, I heard they were to be married soon.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Cory Monteith died from a “mixed drug toxicity that involved heroin, primarily, and also alcohol,” according to an initial autopsy report conducted by the British Columbia Coroner’s Office.
Cory Monteith Death: Autopsy Results and Cause of Death - TVLine

Not good.

I can't watch the show anymore without wanting to throw myself off of a building, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iris Movies & TV 3
ysabel Movies & TV 21
Smelnick Bathroom Wall 4
Bubbles Bathroom Wall 8
T Bathroom Wall 2