• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Glasses Glasses

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
I just found out i had to get glasses, how many of you wear? were people teasing u about them

maledoro

Strange Visitor
Not when I was a kid. Or, at least they didn't make fun of me. Nowadays, I wear contacts so that I can change my appearance more easily.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yep, I wore them when I was younger. I started wearing contacts, then just stopped wearing both. I can see fine, just not as sharply as I could.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wear both glasses and contacts. Depends on my mood and if my eyes hurt from keeping the contacts in for too long. :D

I can actually keep my contacts in for a long time though without any trouble. I have the kind that are approved for 24/7 wear for up to 4 weeks. I just take them out every week or so for a bit and I'm fine.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
My mum wont let me get contacts, she thinks that there dangourous (my speling is atrotious) have u seen this website that is dedicated to gothic contact, u can look like a vampire or have cat eyes.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I could see colored contacts, and stuff for fun, but what would make you want to wear contacts like that on a constant basis?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Paris Hilton apparently has brown eyes... You wouldn't guess that though because she wears blue contacts pretty much all the time, even in jail.

And FourSuits, contacts aren't dangerous as long as you take them out as often as you are told to when you order them as well as taking care of them as the box describes.

If you leave them in for too long you can have a thin layer of bacteria grow between them and your eyes. Taking them out after that happens can tear your eye... which can lead to a great number of problems depending on how serious it is.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
Oh, so thats the danger of contacts, i think that you can get somthing for the bacteria, so you can leave them in longer.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I used to wear glasses when I was goign to grade school. Then made an transition to contact lenses but it was just too annoying for me and went back to glasses. I don't wear niether now and I might consider laser eye surgery.