Giving up reality for a 'dream world'

I guess this thread will hold more interest for those who love going to sleep so they can dream.

For those of you who hate waking up in the morning, not because you’re tired, but because you want to fall back into your dreams, what if you had the choice to do just that?

If you had the choice of reality as you know it now, or living in your dreams, which would you choose?

Let’s take it a step further. What if you had complete control over your dreams, would you do it then?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
There have been times when I'm having such a good dream that I've wanted to stay asleep. It doesn't happen that often though, since I don't remember most of my dreams.

I can see the appeal of giving up reality for a dream world at will...but not indefinitely. I can see how it would appeal to others who have a hard time dealing with real life, though.

Most of the time I would classify myself as a realist...and some of my dreams are most unrealistic. I would hate living in that all the time.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
NO. I wouldn't exchange a reality for a dream. I love to dream when I go to sleep ... I love daydreaming ...but that's it.
I'd rather have my reality.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I'd choose reality...all of the joy and suffering come together to form a beautiful thing. I wouldn't want to miss it.

Trust me, I love dreams and study/interpretation of them. I'm always wondering if they have deeper meaning or if they're just your thoughts sorting out...it's so interesting. STILL, I'll live my life.

"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?"

Hmm..

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Did anyone else think of Avatar when they read the title? I thought about how Jake was essentially giving up his human body to go live in this alien world.

Anyways, even though my dreams are usually a lot nicer than reality and I'm basically immortal in my dreams, I think I'd rather come back to reality because the good things that happen here feel so much better than if they happened in a dream.

Even if I had complete control, I'd know it was all a fabrication. I always have this third person feeling in my dreams where I know it's a dream, so I would only be fooling myself.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I would give up the real world for a dream world where I am in control of everything. If a dream world is all you know, then it is the real world to you.

I would give up the real world for a dream world where I am in control of everything. If a dream world is all you know, then it is the real world to you.
But if you're "giving up" the real world, you'd know there was something before. The dream world may eventually become your reality, but it would be a lonely one.
There'd be no surprises if you controlled everything.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
But if you're "giving up" the real world, you'd know there was something before. The dream world may eventually become your reality, but it would be a lonely one.
There'd be no surprises if you controlled everything.
Even if you know there is a real world out there, since you have control of the dream world you could bring what you know of the real world with you if you wanted. You could also give up control and take whatever surprises come your way, just like in non-lucid dreams.