Give Up Your Treasures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabs, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

Would you give up all your most cherished prized possessions...for world peace??

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yes, easily. World peace is infinitely more important than any material possession.

Unity likes this.
  3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

What would be left for me if I set the whole world in peace?

Call me selfish, I wouldn't give my prized possessions. Those are something I've been fighting for and not for the world but for me.

4. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I would not call you selfish at all, in fact, I am pleased to see another answer in this way :)
    I asked the very same question on another forum, and every single person, but ONE, said yes, they would give up their most prized possessions.
    I think about 20 people replied~
    My answer would be hell no!
    Some of my most prized possessions are a part of me, I would be left unhappy if I parted with them in such a matter......
    The most cherished thing I own, is my Mother's urn...to give it up for a world-load of crappy ass people who don't give a damn, not a chance.

5. wolfy

wolfy Registered Member

My only prized possession: a large stuffed wolf. I mean a plushy, by the way, not taxidermy.
    ..the terrible thing is, I don't think I'd be able to give it up. Not even for world peace.
    What's the world(collectively referring to the people in it) done for me, anyway? P: Certainly not enough for me to want to give up my wolf!
    ^and yes, my big plushy wolf really is that important to me.

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

It depends. I'd be willing to give up all of the items I own. I don't really have anything that's particularly important to me. I enjoy having them, but they're all replaceable. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But if you include emptying out my bank accounts, I'm not sure. That would make life significantly harder for me, and I'm not sure that's a risk I could take.

7. faith1806

faith1806 Registered Member

yes, i do. but i am so poor that i have nothing to donate,lol

8. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

yes i would,,, to be sure not one more innocent person/child was killed? of course! To save even one innocent child i would :nod: whats a possession? Is it because you dont know the people who are dying? The soldiers? the innocent civilians caught up in wars? that makes it easy for some to put their own personal possessions before world peace? I know this is only a hypothetical question of course and no matter how many people give up their possessions its not going to bring about world peace, but honestly, if the question was put to you and if you could imagine this was real and it really would help put a stop to hatred and wars,, you still wouldnt give it up?

9. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

No way! Nobody gets my Sanza! I spent a long time putting all my fav tunes on it! :nod: People always fight. If we had world peace they'd just start fighting again the next day! And if they dont, we still have tons of diseases and accidents. But I dont get how people could ever have peace anyway. People always get TO'd about something sometime. But it might be better if they had wars with nerfs. Then people wouldn't have to get shot or blown up.

10. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

What he said, exactly. :nod: