• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Give Up One Sport

Dabs

Registered Member
If one sport had to be removed from the list of "sports"....what sport could you care less about being taken away for good??
I know basketball, baseball, football and many others are real sports, but I have heard tell that some 'sports' aren't really sports...such as Nascar, does anyone think that's a sport??
Anyway, if one sport was going to be totally eliminated from being anymore, what sport would you prefer to be gone??

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Synchronized swimming, I just plain hate especially in the olympics, it is boring and nobody cares much for it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't see why a sport would ever have to be eliminated completely, but for the sake of answering the question, I wouldn't care at all if NASCAR didn't exist.

Dabs

Registered Member
See, I wonder how swimming is even a sport??
Wouldn't it be considered more of a recreational activity??
And Nascar, I dislike Nascar stuff, but I find it hard to believe it's a sport.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Well I'm just going to come in here and be a bitch and say Tennis.

I know Tennis is a real sport. But I just can't stand it. To me it's boring, but I know other people get a lot of enjoyment out of watching it. I could live happily if Tennis didn't exist any more.

What about Snooker... why is that considered a sport?

Dabs

Registered Member
Well I'm just going to come in here and be a bitch and say Tennis.

I know Tennis is a real sport. But I just can't stand it. To me it's boring, but I know other people get a lot of enjoyment out of watching it. I could live happily if Tennis didn't exist any more.

What about Snooker... why is that considered a sport?

I don't know what Snooker is, but I don't care for tennis either.
Except maybe watching McEnroe carry on and fight with the judges *ha*

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tennis is amazing, I truly appreciate what Tennis players go through every time they step on the court.

I completely agree with Echoes, I wouldn't really eliminate any sport if I had the chance to do so, but if I have to select one then I'll go with Nascar. But I'm on the fence on whether Nascar is a sport or not.

Impact

V.I.P.
I agree with Nascar. I find the whole idea of driving around a track with 2 bends so pointless. I don't care what people say, that is not challenging, or even remotely entertaining to watch.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I agree with Nascar. I find the whole idea of driving around a track with 2 bends so pointless. I don't care what people say, that is not challenging, or even remotely entertaining to watch.
So, you could jump into one of those cars and be competitive?

Impact

V.I.P.
So, you could jump into one of those cars and be competitive?
I never said that. But could any of those guys who drive in Nascar jump on an actual racetrack and do well competitively? I just fucking hate it okay...don't question me :lol: