TV Gisele Bundchen And Breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Bubbles, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Okay, so if you don't know already, Gisele Bundchen, Victoria's Secret model and wife of Patriots QB Tom Brady, made some remarks about women and breastfeeding. According to Gisele, "There should be a worldwide law that requires women to breastfeed their babies until six months of age." Mothers are apparently appalled by Gisele's "views." Infact, Mandy Stadtmiller decided to publish this article in the NY Post:

Gisele Bundchen's breastfeeding comments infuriate NYC moms - NYPOST.com

Now, although I find her comments insensitive, I've come to wonder... who gives a fuck what this bubble headed model thinks anyways? She's a pampered starlet, who makes $150 million for taking off her clothes and shaking her ass. Does it really matter what she thinks? To even consider taking her seriously is a joke.

Thoughts?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't get why people are "enraged". I mean it was a bit much, and stupid as there is no such thing as a "world wide law" but we are talking about something that is the most natural thing in the world and has so many benefits. She was just speaking out in support of something she believes in and didn't choose her words carefully. That's the down side of celebrity culture - stupid people can say whatever they want and people pay attention to them.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I also don't understand why people are angry over this. It's her opinion and she's a bit of a dolt. I'm sure some people will listen to her.. but she doesn't have any kind of an effect on a bigger picture.

Breastfeeding is a choice.

4. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Let me just follow the crowd and say I don't understand why everyone's panties are in a bunch. Except for the reason that everyone is always looking for something to complain about; it is just human nature.

Anywho, the only thing that strikes me insensitive about her comment, and this is something I have dealt with a lot in the medical field in pediatrics specifically, a lot of women CANNOT breastfeed. They want to, but either they can't produce enough milk to keep their child healthy or the child doesn't take to the breast. Also, some women don't have the luxury of being able to stay home and feed their child every time they need a feeding and have to turn to breast milk in a bottle.

I don't think she truly meant harm, she just feels strongly about it and how it is brought a strong connection between her child and her thus causing her to be jaded to what she was saying.

5. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Sums it up for me, I guess. I don't even understand her motives. It's one thing to feel strongly about something, it's the other to make a public spectacle about it. As others have said, breastfeeding is a choice. If some families want to harbour that tradition then be my guest. It's far too absurd to consider in this day and age. She's either trying to raise awareness for something that doesn't matter to begin with, or she's trying to rally the .1% of world's mothers that actually do breastfeed in an attempt to be seen for who she is. As you've hinted, she's an over pampered, overpaid model. Maybe she'll feel good about herself and sleep better at night, if a few mom's think of her in a different light.

Also, what happens to those families with triplets or greater? Sorry Gwen, Jack, Toshiko, and Owen. Only enough milk Lanto today.

(yeah I totally used the cast of Torchwood there)

Dear diary, today we had to turn off the cable television. It has not reached the 6 month marker yet and I am unable to return to work because my son needs my tit all day. I can't afford to pay the babysitter for her breast milk, and she's not the mother anyways. Gisele, I'm going to remain strong for you!

(yeah right)

Either I didn't bother to read the full article, or don't care overall, that's how I'd feel about the situation.