• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Girls making the first move

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't know, really. I'm not much of a risk taker. Around here women outnumber us 3 to 1. The market for men is very, very lean. Especially if you're talking in the traditional sense. Like the man earning more bread and "wearing the pants." I personally feel if a girl really wants someone, they'd make the first move. Bag him before someone else does. Not saying that everyone's motivation is security and wealth, or anything. It sure helps.

Just how I feel.

It's weird too, because I don't think I know a single person dating someone the same class as them (personally). It's always 2+ years older, or younger, extending into great number. Even I have been asked out by several 16-year-olds... I promptly rejected them and did nothing.
I've always been shy around women, and not very confidant talking to them, so I'd love it if girls would balls up (ha I love irony) and ask guys out more instead.
I prefer that girls should give signal first otherwise its waste of time., if she is really interested in you then you should talk her once and ignore her, try to talk other girls in-front of her. , dress well always

So you guys would be ok with your girlfriends proposing to you? You wouldn't feel like you're the one who is supposed to do it?

IMO, there is a double standard as far as what's acceptable for men/women to do, and it has a large influence on this.

IMO none of the 5 things you listed should make a woman seem "too easy". You've got a few screws loose if you think someone who just introduces themselves to you is "too easy" because of it. And when you're talking about saying "I love you" or proposing marriage, hopefully the guy will know her well enough not to come to some snap judgment.

And it seems to me that they'd be about as likely to make a man seem too aggressive as a woman.
I forgot to add that there are girls who would want to propose marriage if they could but they just end up waiting because "a girl proposing looks desperate" or they feel pathetic that they're the ones who wants it more to the point of having to initiate it when society's norm is that guys do the proposal.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I forgot to add that there are girls who would want to propose marriage if they could but they just end up waiting because "a girl proposing looks desperate" or they feel pathetic that they're the ones who wants it more to the point of having to initiate it when society's norm is that guys do the proposal.
Yeah - that just seems weird to me. By the time you're considering proposing marriage, I hope that the guy knows you pretty well, and knows you aren't desperate.

I'm not saying the women are weird - I think it's weird that our society makes people feel that way.

Also, the stereotype is that the woman does want it more - that she's been planning it in her mind since she was 12, and knows what her perfect wedding will be like. But society still makes women feel like they're weird if make someone think they might want it more by proposing...?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Okay here are my specific responses...

- making first contact (strike a conversation, introduction)
I think this is an easy one in which both the male or the female can make the first move. A conversation doesn't have to lead to anything anyways.

- getting a phone number
Typically it's the male getting the number but I don't think there's anything wrong with a female asking for a male's number. Sometimes if they really like someone that's the easiest thing they could do to advance things. I've only had a girl ask me for my phone number one time and I'll admit it seemed a little backwards.

- asking someone out on a date
I think this is usually more for the guys but I'm sure it happens sometimes where the girl asks a guy out. Never had a girl ask me out haha...sure it happens though.

- saying i love you
I've been in two meaningful relationships in my life. One time she said I love you first and the other time I did. So I think it goes both ways. I always do wonder if those instances were real love or not. I tend to think they probably weren't.

- marriage proposal
Gotta be the guy to ask...never heard of the girl asking the boy for marriage.

Do you prefer the traditional view that guys should be the one doing these? If you're a guy, how do you feel if a girl does those things first? If you're a girl, have/would you made/make the first move?
The only one I think the guy should always do is the marriage proposal. Otherwise, can go either way!

Last edited: