• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gingrich, Cain, Romney, Paul and more

shelgarr

Registered Member
So how are the Republicans liking their candidates thus far? I know I'm not liking Romney or Gingrich. Johnson doesn't thrill me as well as a handful of others. Cain and Pawlenty do though and I hope they increase their chances of winning over the life of the campaign. Of the undelcared, I am intrigued by Michelle Bachman and hope that Huntsman will run.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
So how are the Republicans liking their candidates thus far? I know I'm not liking Romney or Gingrich. Johnson doesn't thrill me as well as a handful of others. Cain and Pawlenty do though and I hope they increase their chances of winning over the life of the campaign. Of the undelcared, I am intrigued by Michelle Bachman and hope that Huntsman will run.
I feel exactly the same way. I still know little about Huntsman besides that his father is one incredible guy but would love to see him in. Go Herman Cain!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I hope for the sake of this country we do not see Bachmann in any higher position of power. Just reading about her and listening to her goofball opinions is painful enough.

I liked Romney to start, but now I'm not so sure. He doesn't seem trustworthy to me. Then again, I challenge anyone to find a trustworthy politician.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
What do people think about Rick Perry running? I don't know much about him politically, but from an outsider it seems Texas has chosen to not take part in the recession/depression to the same extent others have.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I like Cain so far, but this is a long process. We just have to wait and see how things shake out.

Perry's comments about Arizona's immigration law concern me.

shelgarr

Registered Member
It would be fine with me if Romney was out early. He doesn't fit the platform anymore.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'd welcome a candidate with a business mindset, but Cain is too much of a stereotypical conservative in terms of social issues for me (against same-sex marriage, abortion, welfare, etc.). Those kinds of things really make it for me.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I'd welcome a candidate with a business mindset, but Cain is too much of a stereotypical conservative in terms of social issues for me (against same-sex marriage, abortion, welfare, etc.). Those kinds of things really make it for me.
A candidate can't separate out the social issues and still be conservative. They can, however, recognize that some of those issues are not federal issues and leave them to the states and the people to decide.