Gimmicks desperately needed

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Jun 20, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

If you believe TNA or WWE desperately needs a gimmick, post it here.

Younger Undertaker - Face it, the Undertaker is getting old and there needs to be a new, dark wrestler. Once the Undertaker leaves, or even if you want to create a storyline about him being his "son" you can start bringing him out. I know you can't replace him, but you certainly can try. Somebody with long, black hair and possibly a bit of blond highlights in there to make him a bit emo-ish.

Japanese Wrestlers - There are A LOT of talented Japaneses wrestlers out there. Especially if you watch New Japan Pro (?) you can see some good talent. Even though WWE is more focus on plots than wrestling (it seems), you can always throw a person in who is strictly wrestling while working on his mic skills.

A Paladin - Another fantasy-type wrestler that could have an AMAZING feud with "the NEW Undertaker". I can see years of feuds with both of these guys. Of course, you need a "Paladin"-type with good mic skills. The dark version probably won't speak much, or at all. The battle of good vs evil.

What about you? What do you think WWE/TNA needs to bring to give you more excitement or possibly create future eras?

2. padd

padd Registered Member

At least blading won't be banned anytime soon

Just go north of the American border and you'll find all the talented technical wrestlers.. The Heart Foundation, Jericho, Benoit, Edge. I just went through 2 or 3 generations of wrestling greats (past-future)

Maybe 1 or 2 gimmicks won't be bad. This is not the 80's though where is was normal for the Barbarian to wear deer horns on his head or for lack of a better word... the late 80's-early 90's was the time that the 'cop wrestler' arrested the 'badguy wrestler' and, I can't explain.. most people were on drugs back then just look at the ultimate warrior and how far his gimmick brought him! despite his lack of technical movements!
    coming into the 90's we all know the attitude era very well (much less gimmicks), and where we now stand the only lasting gimmick is the dead man. I belive when Mark Callaway does retire from pro wrestling we won't be seeing, and shouldn't be seeing any other Deadmen as it will be a big rip off.

3. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

You know, I love fantasy but wouldn't be down with a knight coming to the ring. However, something like Kevin Thorn's first WWE gimmick would be awesome...that kind of twisted holy man gimmick.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Glad you brought that up, Unity, I loved that gimmick from Kevin. Ugh... Mordicai or something. Too bad it didn't last that long, though. I could see great things coming from him.

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

He was pretty terrible in the ring when he debuted as Mordecai (thanks for remembering the name!). It was a good thing that he came back later...he's been a lot better in the ring. Since he hasn't been around lately, I say go ahead and bring back Mordecai!!!

Where the hell is he, anyway?

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I thought he got "let go" aka fired a few months back along with Ariel. Not 100% sure on this, though.

Love to have him back. He was always in his gimmick and sold it well.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont think Kevin Thorn has been released...yet at least. Last I heard they sent him to Florida Championship Wrestling. Who knows if we'll ever see him in the ring again.

Personally, I dont miss him. He was terrible.