Gimmick Changes

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

Easily my number one pick would be Hulk Hogan turning into Hollywood Hogan. It was HUGE. Number two would have to be Randy Orton going from Evolution to become The Viper/Legend Killer. Made him the top heel in the WWE.

Recently, taking CM Punk from a mid-card face to a MASSIVE heel as the "Straight Edge Savior" revitalized his career.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Good thread, BR. One gimmick change that I liked was with Mankind. Forgive me, O Great Foley, but back then I thought Cactus Jack was the lamest, most annoying and uninspired character ever created. Another good change will (hopefully) come when Funaki drops his Kung.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Mankind was a great one, he's one of the few wrestlers to give The Undertaker real problems and match him in mind games.

For me it has to be when Austin sat on that King of the Ring chair and said 3:16 just whooped your ass. Those moments right there created one of the best characters in the history of wrestling.

Sting changing to the dark and white character was a pretty good gimmick change at first, but I got bored of it after a while.

5. KSpiceFantastic

Mankind was a great move for Foley, as was The Ringmaster going to Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Funaki will never drop his Kung. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

My all time favorite would be Sting going from

[​IMG]

To

[​IMG]

7. KSpiceFantastic

Who knew that a simple face paint change could make a huge difference with Sting?

8. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

At the time it was so much more than a face paint change; he became mysterious and silent for a year at least. He went from being a typical bright good guy wrestler to a dark crusader.

9. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I pretty much agree with everyone and the list. A guy I'd like to add because he definitely deserves the reconition is Vince McMahon when hebecomes Mr. McMahon...as successful as Austin's transformation was, it would not have been as big without Vince becoming Mr. McMahon. Announcer to evil owner.

10. KSpiceFantastic

Totally forgot. Wow. Greatness in that move.