Gillet Considering Selling Canadiens

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Turbo, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Report: Gillett considering selling Canadiens

I heard about this yesterday. It caught me totally off guard and you can only hope that whomever buys the team realizes its history and won't even think about moving it.

2. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

I heard that it IS up for sale now? Just word of mouth though. SIGH. I wish I were a billionaire and could splurge and buy this team and treat them right.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I really hope he changes his mind, Gillet is an incredible owner and he's done so much for this franchise. I was in total shock when I heard this on the sports radio yesterday morning. I think he's one of the best if not the best owners in the NHL.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I think we should pool our money together BR, and buy a small (VERY) chunk of the franchise.

5. DJ_Buster

DJ_Buster Registered Member

Who in their right mjind would move the team? Montreal is the largest hockey market in the world, corporatley and by popularity. Anyways there is a less chance of the team moving now than when Gillet bought the team. Rumor mill says French Canadien billionaires are bidding for the team. notably Celine Dion and Rene Angelil.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The NHL would never let this team move, they know how revenue the Canadiens make per year, and if the new owners would move this team Bettman would reject it. So we dont have to worry about that.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

The NHL isn't the NHL without the Montreal Canadiens. But if they did move, I say Alaska, the traveling would be rough, and they may only win a handful of agmes but what other place deserves a hockey team? Hell, some that have them don't even deserve them.

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

its highly unlikely that they'd move the Habs, however i know that Las Vegas is seriously hungry for a team.

9. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Kill Nashville, move them to Las Vegas and rename them. Vegas would be a cool place for a team.

10. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

keep nashville, get rid of the islanders....they are the red-headed step child of the NHL....move them to vegas and rename them.