Giles blocks trade to Boston

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that Brian Giles will use his no-trade clause to block a potential deal to the Red Sox. Boston claimed Giles off waivers and had 48 hours to work out a deal with San Diego, but he has the right to block a trade to eight teams and the Red Sox are one of them.
rotoworld.com...

Why the hell wouldnt he want to play for a winner? That's unreal.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is ridiculous, maybe because he wants some playing time, but other then that I don't see why he would block a trade to one of the best team in the Major Leagues.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is ridiculous, maybe because he wants some playing time, but other then that I don't see why he would block a trade to one of the best team in the Major Leagues.
Yeah and I guess it makes sense to want to play often but if you can play for a winner you do it. This is stupid.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with you, when I first read the headline I was pretty shocked I wont lie, but he knows he can still be a player that plays every day, so he rather play for a losing team, then a winning team. So he knows he'll get some playing time.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've got total respect for the guy. He wants to play for a team he'll actually have the chance to play for. That's some love for the game.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've got total respect for the guy. He wants to play for a team he'll actually have the chance to play for. That's some love for the game.
I think playing for a winner would be a sign of love for the game but that's me.