• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gift wrapping Auctions

palefrost

Registered Member
Has anyone been asked to do this? I was wondering how popular this is for the holiday season. I wonder if it does increase sales for a seller. Personally i like to make sure i got what i purchased so would want to wrap it myself after i got it.

Melos

Registered Member
As a seller, I have offered gift wrapping and a custome printed gift tag with auctions starting at the beginning of November and continuing through the holiday season. I charged $3.00 extra for it, and got a lot of requests to do just that. I also shipped directly to the gift recipient for the people.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
that also scares me to have someone gift wrap something before they send it. I like to make sure that it's what I purchased hehe. however I have done it once from a lady that I buy bracelets from for my daughter. I had her gift wrap one and send it to my niece for her birthday. But I trusted her since she has always been so nice and I like her stuff. So I still buy from her ; )

katharina

Registered Member
Has anyone been asked to do this? I was wondering how popular this is for the holiday season. I wonder if it does increase sales for a seller. Personally i like to make sure i got what i purchased so would want to wrap it myself after i got it.
In theory having something wrapped sounds like a great idea, no need to do it myself and that's always helpful... but I'm afraid I like to see what I got, too. :nod:

Melos

Registered Member
You know, I have to add that I, personally, wouldn't want an auction purchase of mine to be wrapped up and shipped out to someone as a gift either. But, a lot of people liked the extra step done for them.

palefrost

Registered Member
I can see using it for a repeat seller. You know them and trust what they are selling. I use a great gift basket service on ebay and she always does so wonderful kids baskets for easter and even birthdays. I can get anything inside the basket which really helps because i have pokemon fans and dora the exploror fans in the house! :)

eldragon

I have, in the past - included free gift wrap and tags with someone's purchase. That way they see what the purchase and then wrap it themselves.

mamab

Registered Member
I think the idea is good, but I'm not sure I would want the item already wrapped. I'd want to know that what was in the package is what I paid for. But, I guess I'm a bit cynical at times. :-/

Plumley

Registered Member
Yup, I like to see what I bought, too, just to be sure it's what I expected and so I know what I'm giving. But if I needed something delivered soon and a seller I trusted would wrap the item and ship to the recipient, I would do that.

hemisync

Registered Member
I too would be too afraid to have an item gift wrapped. For the most part I've been quite lucky in receiving exactly what i expected from auctions. But there's always that one where the item is totally misrepresented.