• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Giants vs Nationals NLDS

GRector64

Registered Member
This series will also be a good one, just won't get the same attention as the Dodgers.

For me it comes down to the Giants pitching staff. If they can get the type of starts like last night, this could be a short series. The Nationals will need to avoid mistakes, and play within themselves.

Giants in 6

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
GRector64 said:
This series will also be a good one, just won't get the same attention as the Dodgers.

For me it comes down to the Giants pitching staff. If they can get the type of starts like last night, this could be a short series. The Nationals will need to avoid mistakes, and play within themselves.

Giants in 6
It's a 5-game series

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm interested in seeing how Strasburg does. The Giants' recent postseason history has been very good against fastball pitchers who like to get ahead in the count. They beat up Halladay and Lee in 2010 and Verlander in '12.

Top of the 18th, a combined score of 2, the game ERA slowly regressing back to 1.00. The game fits a mold that may have occurred 100 years ago. Petit has thrown a started game in relief (6 scoreless innings).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cool stat I just heard ...

Tim Hudson started both tonight and the 18-inning NLDS game between the Braves and Astros in 2005.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Bumgarner throwing error plates two for the Nats, and another hit plates a third. In one inning the Nats have matched their offensive total for the first 33 innings of the series.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Glad to see the Nationals survive the elimination game, while the Angels and Tigers couldn't! Now, if Gio Gonzalez can do his job during Game 4, Washington might actually have a chance to take the series.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope this series goes 5 games and game 5 goes another 18 innings haha

Also go Nats