Giant Meteor Lights Up Canada's Skies

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by KingKnight, Nov 24, 2008.

1. KingKnight

KingKnight Registered Member

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Its tungunsta all over again! Or tungtusta, or whatever the name of that meteor in siberia

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

That's pretty awesome, I would love to see something like that shoot right in front of me as I stare in awe.

4. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

If I saw that I'd have to go and have a closer look.
    I'd be convinced it was aliens.

It is amazing though. :cool:

5. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

It was all over the news here in Canada for a couple days.

Wish I'd been able to see it. :worried:

6. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Imagine one droping in your backyard, how much money NASA will pay you to get their hands on it!

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I doubt NASA would pay you for it; they'll just take it. They'll tell you some strange foreign object law that forbids you to have it.

That video looks awesome. It's like something out of Smallville. Very cool!

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

:lol: I can imagine NASA doing that.

I think it would have awesome to witness that, as long as you don't feel like it's going to fall on you.

9. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I saw something like that about 10 years ago, if I remember right, I got the fright of my life as the tail was miles long and lasted a few seconds heading out into the Atlantic. It was that amazing, I was more or less thinking about it for days on end. I only saw it because I had a lot on my mind and went out for a walk.
    ------
    One night I was high, and I saw a meteor shower, it was constant, it was like orange sparks flashing through the sky, and I thought it would never end. At first, I thought I was tripping, but after a while, you know if it's your mind playing tricks on you or not. A little part of me thought it was because I was high, but then other people saw it too and were amazed. The other reason I remember it so well, is because it was about the exact same time the huge tsunami hit Asia, and then days later, we had out own local natural disaster.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Oh yeah I saw this in the news. It looks amazing.. but if I looked up at the sky and saw that I'd probably get really freaked out :cute:
    Gawd, its soo bright!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008