Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wooly, Nov 4, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I was just thinking of South Park when they say that "every election is between a giant douche and a turd". Do you feel like this most of the time when voting? Whether for local or general elections? Do you still bother to vote anyways?

In Ireland, there is two parties that usually get into power. Fianna Fáil, and Fine Gael. I think the general consensus is that there is no difference between the two parties and the two leaders are always just a 'douche and a turd', so it deters a lot of people from voting. I'm not registered and probably never will be, for as long as i'm living in Ireland anyways. Never saw the point in voting.

Just for the sake of example, this is our Taoiseach (prime minister) at the moment:
    [​IMG]

Just to look at him you know he's a douche. Plus he's one of the laziest most incompetent ministers i've ever known, despite being the highest paid minister in the western world!!! What a turd sandwich.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The question becomes: Do your local politics suck?

The answer in the US is a resounding YES. We have a two party system which we got in a box labeled "Instant-Fail". On top of that, political campaigns have become nothing of what they used to be (meaning, nothing to do with actual promises or facts) and instead focus on fund raising, brown-nosing, fund raising, and making fun of the other guy. Thus, we elect whoever we think did the best job of mocking the opponent, repeating the least inane party lines, and making public appearances. We no longer elect officials based on their merits, experience, morals, or character. We elect them for who we think they are.

So yes.

The choice is almost always a giant douche versus a turd sandwich.

3. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Unfortunately yes. Americans in particular vote based on party, never on the actual candidate. My grandfather voted for bush twice cuz he knew Al Gore was democratic. I wanna know how these last 9 years could have gone if people voted based on the merits of the man rather than party.

4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

In elections I just try to vote for the lesser of two evils. They are all crooks in their own way.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The sad thing is I do the same. I havent been able to vote for a politician in my life ever that I was happy with. The only reason they got my vote is because I just didnt want the opponent in office.

That alone should be enough of a sad eye opener and tell tale sign that US politics is horrible

6. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

It's a very sad state of affairs. I registered as a democrat for the primary's so I could keep one guy out of office. Coincidentally it worked in our state elections.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It's also a telltale sign that the American people are sheep, afraid to throw away their vote on a third party, when in reality they are throwing their vote away on a candidate that is being forced upon them. The system is only broken because people don't have the balls to vote for change.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I think the large issue with the third party candidates is that they are more often than not very topic oriented... Green Party for example. I know plenty of people who would rather vote for a turd or a douchebag than send support to the green party.

And the same goes for Libertarians and the other Third Parties out there. I dont know if it'd be considered a fear of "throwing the vote away" as much as giving support to a cause the people arent fully prepared to support.

9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I hate Canadian politics right now. We have tons of parties, so usually it's a case of Douchehead, Turdface, Dinkwad etc etc. Usually it's 4 main ones though and all of the leaders of these parties are rather dumb. It seems now like none of the parties care about Canada, each one just wants to be the cool guys in power. They don't make promises that are beneficial to Canada, they make promises that they think will get people to vote for them. And most campaigns are just about slamming the other guys campaign.

I never vote for any of the main ones anymore. I only vote so that I have a right to complain, but I just vote for some little party that'll never get in.

10. Nick-Aotmzgin

Nick-Aotmzgin Registered Member

today politics is obviously not considerd as a solid concrete , it twist and change's and twist again unstable political governments members and rule not just in ireland , and i think ireland is a prosper and beautiful country :)
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009