• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ghost Towns

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of my favorite things to do when I was in Colorado was visit ghost towns. I thought it was interesting seeing how people lived in a different time. It was especially great when something they used was left behind and not pilfered. It let you really imagine what it must have been like back then. I would like nothing better than to visit some more.

Have you ever been to a ghost town? What did you think? Would visiting a ghost town be something you would like to do on vacation?

​The spectres of America's ghost towns - CBS News

I would love to see some of these places.

Bodie, Calif. - Ghost towns of America - Pictures - CBS News

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have never come across a ghost town as such in the UK, they just do not seem to exist for whatever reason. That being said I do like reading about them in the US, I cannot remember the name but I did read of a town with a population of 1 which would really be better called a hamlet (and even that is pushing it).

I would love to visit a ghost town especially at night, not sure why though.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm really interested in ghost towns. Me and a few friends have been planning a trip around the north east to visit some. We're also thinking of visiting some abandon asylums and such. One day we'd like to travel to a few around the world.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love nothing better than to go to Colorado again and see some more. Sometimes we would find old cabins that had nothing to do with a town. I couldn't tell you where they were, we were driving around so much. I don't see how people stood living that isolated. Wasn't like they had internet, telephone or TV.