• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ghost in the shell 1st and 2nd gig.

Vegito728

Registered Member
What do all you think about this show? I really liked the 1st gig, the 2nd gig has been okay so far. I liked the 1st gigs beginning song but they got rid of it.:( But in all the 2nd gig has been good getting to see more of motoko's past and some of the other characters pasts.

merob

Boom!
I dont know anything about this. I've only watched two eps. from the original series.
Is their a new season of Ghost in the Shell in the making?

A

acidmix

anyway the first series was really good I'm glad I bought it on dvd. The second series from what I've seen so far is also really good. I just recently bought the limited/special edition Region 2 versions of the original ghost in the shell and ghost in the shell 2: Innocence which costed me $100 but I think its well worth it even though they don't come with and english dub but only english subs. Which is how I watch most anime anyway.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Luc yes there is the 1st gig and the 2nd gig. The 2nd gig is on cartoon network every week. But I think the 1st gig boxset is out. I also think it is worth watching if you have not seen it yet.

G

Glory_Questor

It's a great series so far. It's definitely one of the best cybertech thrillers out there, even better than the movies IMHO, if only because it now has the time to build up the back-stories of the Section 9 cast. The various stories are well-written and weave in and out of each other - even the individual ones.

Of the first season on SAC, I have the first 6 in normal (non-DTS) DVD version and the 7th in DVD Special Edition with the Tin Case and Laughing Man T-Shirt. I also have the first 3 2nd GiG DVDs and have been following the [adult swim] airings.

-----------------------------------------------------------

btw, in Episode 11 ("Affection"), did you think that the boy could possibly be ... Batou?

F

figet

i dont understand goast in the shell at all can someone tell me what is going on in it lol its almost as confuseing as paranoia agent

G

Glory_Questor

figet said:
i dont understand goast in the shell at all can someone tell me what is going on in it lol its almost as confuseing as paranoia agent
The theme of GITS can be summed up as "Can you still call yourself human even if you aren't anymore?" In a world where everyone is connected and cyberized in some way, how long before you lose your own sense of identity in the sea of networks and information?

While Stand Alone Complex is more of a police show than the movies (I call it a futuristic cross between NYPD Blue and CSI), the theme above remains the same. Unlike the movies, though, there is a lot more time to develop all of the characters and learn a lot more about them.

Not sure if there is a series like this one that could help you understand it better. GITS is unique in its concept. Other Masamune Shirow works might help, like Appleseed or Dominion.