• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ghost-hunters allegedly burn down historic plantation house

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
On Saturday, the St. Bernard Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested seven men for the fire that destroyed the historic LeBeau Plantation House in Arabi.

‘Ghost-hunters’ allegedly burn down historic Louisiana plantation | The Raw Story
You would have to be a real idiot to think this was a good idea I don't care how drunk or stoned you allegedly were. This wasn't an accident either, it is being reported they did it on purpose. Ghost won't show willingly, we'll smoke him out.

Last edited:

JPalmer

was it definitely on purpose?

maybe they did it to protect people? :confused:

Its still a shame because i love those old plantation homes. They're beautiful!

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well if you stack firewood around the base of the house then set it on fire that would be on purpose.

It makes me angry that they would do this because others, including myself, would of liked to of had the chance to see that house of spend the night in it.
------
Here is a better story on this and a background on the house along with pictures of the fire. It was built in the 1850's.

Seven suspects in LeBeau Plantation fire were looking for ghosts, sheriff says | NOLA.com

Here's a picture of what it looked like when it was built.

lebeau-plantation-elaine-hodges | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here's a picture of it right before the fire.

cf7e33809bfb9cc816368256bceaf52b | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
What idiots. There had been talks of restoring that house back to it's former glory. It's been neglected over the past few years, but even in the condition it was it, it was so significant as a piece of New Orleans history. No amount of fines, bonds or jail time will bring that back now.

I've been to quite a few plantations in New Orleans (not this one though), and they are so amazing. Really makes you feel the Southern history of the States. This really makes me sad.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought it was sickening they would do this. It will hurt those that are interested in ghost hunting and wouldn't do this to a house. I bet the historical societies, especially the ones in that area, would like to see them go to prison forever. Being drunk and high is no excuse if you ask me.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I think the ghost "hunting" story is a stretch, tbh. To me it sounds more like a bunch of guys went to a place that is known to be haunted and got drunk and stoned and burned the place down. They are far from ghost hunters. That's just my opinion. But I doubt the main purpose of them going there was to look for ghosts. They went there to get trashed.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Your probably right about that, they just wanted a place to party and picked this historic house to do it in. They probably thought it was funny when they burnt it to the ground. I think its funny they are going to go to jail and hopefully will have to make monetary restitution to the owners. They need to pay through the nose. Which prison or money won't bring this house back.