• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF's Writing Forum Revival 2011

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Okay so this forum sucks.

Hard.

The activity is far too low for the talent we have. I'd like to see not only new critiques, posts and threads but also some recruiting for this section specifically. Here's my opening thoughts and ideas:

Step 1

Members who sign up will be given a day where they 'teach'. One good thread about a topic they enjoy very much or a subject they want to help others teach. It could be about science fiction writing, Shakespeare, or cliches in fantasy. Whatever you feel you can add, let's hear it!

Step 2

Search back through the forums and find at least three works you enjoyed or felt like adding your thoughts. Try to be complete in your thoughts. With this step, we can bring bump some deserving stories or those that newer members haven't noticed. It will also give us some exercise in criticism.

Step 3

Recruit! Simple as it sounds, invite friends or people you know who write or enjoy good books and get them here! We don't have nearly enough members who contribute here (although I'm sure some will once traffic picks up).

Step 4

You! Post some new work and help drive the section!

So this is just a rough outline of some steps I think we should take to stimulate this section a bit. What say you?

SuiGeneris

blue 3
This would be something I'd be interested in. I mean I'm not the most active member anymore, but I have been wanting to get back into writing, and having an active forum would help give me a platform to do so.

So I always say "JES!"

Iris

rainbow 11!
We could start a new lit game! I absolutely loved it. Maybe while we have it, we could also critique everyone? or at least those that ask for it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The lit game was okay, I couldn't keep my interest in it.

I'm sure with Chaos back he'd love to start another one.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm not much of a short story kind of guy, I actually started outlining my second book yesterday. I probably won't share much on here about that (just cause I really don't want anybody stealing my stuff that I've worked hard on.)

But I would definitely be up for critiquing some writing and talking about why I liked/disliked it.

I've been around the writing section off and on since I joined back in 07.

I'll see what I can do about writing a short piece, I have a few ideas I think people around here would really like.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I've had a few ideas pop up into my head here and there. Just haven't really found a time where my attention is focused for very long. However, I can try my best to hang around in here a little more.

Iris

rainbow 11!
The lit game was okay, I couldn't keep my interest in it.

I'm sure with Chaos back he'd love to start another one.
Well, what did you not like? I'm sure if we could come up with a few ideas that people were interested in, it would definitely be a good way to kick start activity in this place. It's definitely a possibility, if more people than myself would be interested.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't know, I just thought it was boring. Not my thing, that's all.

I'd rather write a solid piece rather than one cut up.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Then what about everyone writes one piece, ya know? Just maybe choosing one theme and everyone can interpret it how they want it? It's not a competition, just something fun we can all do together.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Do a weekly writing challenge or something to that effect. Pick a theme, or an idea, and everyone participating has to write something involving that theme or idea. Definitely a good exercise.