• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies GF's own Oscars?

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Something that I notice whenever I talk to people about film awards is that while the usual greats get noticed theres alot of less conventional favourites that slip through the cracks. So I was thinking, why not have our very own Everyman oscars? We'd choose the catagories, vote and even have a thread as a sort of ceremony. I also think it would be a cool idea if we had people present the awards. So if lets say if Babe Ruth was presenting the Best Picture award I'd PM him the result and he could plan a short speech and then announce the result to everyone else.

I think it would be a fun thing to do. Does anyone agree? Obviously there needs to be a good few people interested to make this work. This section could use a bit of an attention boost. Let me know your thoughts peeps.

Impact

V.I.P.
I really like the idea actually. I'd definitely be interested. Be interesting to see how our results hold up against the actual Oscars too, if we had similar categories.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like the idea as well, hopefully we get enough activity to do this. I say it would be fun if we had around 9-11 people, I believe it's better to have odd number since there's less chance of getting a tie.

The only issue here is not everyone has seen the movies that will probably get nominated, which can cause a problem.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Anyone will be able to vote, I'm not going to cap the amount of people who can take part. Obviously I won't need everyone to present an award but not necesarily everyone would want to anyway. I think the biggest issue is just getting people to play along. I can think of about maybe 8 (you 2 included) people who are regular posters in this section so I'm hoping atleast they will wanna take part. Is it possible to do a poll that only the creater can see the results of?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unfortunately it's not, maybe Hybrix can code something but he's fairly busy right now. So the only way to do that is by getting people to send Private Messages with their votes. It's little longer that way, but it's the best method.

I personally think we can get a lot of people to participate in this thing, 80% of people here probably watch movies, it's just the time a dedication that we need from them, that's all.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I'm willing to take the brunt of the work. All I'll need from people is to vote on the catagories and ofcourse a small intro speech from the select few who wanna present awards.

so if you're reading this and think you would vote if this went ahead please say "Aye" so I can get an idea of whether it's going to be worth doing :cool:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I would participate...however, I do not go to the movies that often. the only time I go is when I am highly anticipating a movie, like Harry Potter...so I'm afraid I probably won't see most movies that would be up for voting.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Aye!!

Just like Babe said though, remember that (especially me) won't always have seen the movies in question. SAfrica is a bit behind on everything. But I will try and keep up as much as possible.

Great idea Alt. :thumbsup:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
You guys can download movies from the internet. You don't have to go to the cinema.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm a little hesitant on downloading movies from the internet. However, if there is a safe way of doing so, I may do it for this contest.