• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF's Educational Background

GF Educutional Background

• Total voters

shelgarr

Registered Member
I have an associate degree in Animal Health. The state of CA requires I pass board exams to be a Registered Veterinary Technician. I renew my license every year, but I don't practice. It is my degree however that is the beginning of a several turns in the jobs I've held.

I also have tons, tons, tons of university credit. They are the result of years of indecision. :sigh:

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
BA in Social Sciences major in Behavioral Studies (that's a mix of anthropology, sociology and psychology)

MS in Industrial/Organisational Psychology

PhD in mommying... on going education :lol:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I have an associate degree in Animal Health. The state of CA requires I pass board exams to be a Registered Veterinary Technician. I renew my license every year, but I don't practice. It is my degree however that is the beginning of a several turns in the jobs I've held.

I also have tons, tons, tons of university credit. They are the result of years of indecision. :sigh:
I was kind of like that too, I had a lot of Accounting classes because that was my major initially. I was able to use many of them for my business electives and it ended up being my minor, but I really should have just gone the double major route, if wouldn't have required much more.

dDave

V.I.P.
High School Diploma, I graduated last month.

I'll be moving on to hopefully get my Bachelor's degree in IT in the next 4 years, I'll probably minor in some sort of business as well.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I have high school and some University credits. Mainly in computers. I'm working on continuing my schooling in something to do with computer programming, hopefully on the web side of things.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Currently a Ph.D. student in political science. I wanted to pursue a Ph.D. in economics but it just sounded like a horrible experience. International political economy seems more dynamic and interesting.

Received a B.A. in 2007, majors were accounting and mathematics, with a minor in philosophy.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
@ CO: hahaha, you already know more about economics than a bunch of "economists".

I don't have a degree in business management. They want some $ and documentation of prior learning. I'm not paying them for a piece of paper.
I take exception to this. Post-secondary education is far more than just paying money for a piece of paper. I worked my ass off for that piece of paper, and it's one of the few things I have that I am really proud of.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
@ CO: hahaha, you already know more about economics than a bunch of "economists".

I don't have a degree in business management. They want some $ and documentation of prior learning. I'm not paying them for a piece of paper.
By insulting higher education you are insulting all people who selected to go that route; a "piece of paper", give me a break.

I am sure anyone here who pursued any type of advanced degree would tell you that it took a lot of work, time, money, and energy to achieve it.

There were sacrifices, sleepless nights, and I am sure financially difficult, but they made the choice for their own betterment.

Don't make such a sweeping generalization about education, its what ignorant people do.

shelgarr

Registered Member
If the knowledge, experience, expertise, and proven performance has been achieved than "paying for that piece of paper" would not be appealing. That's easy to understand.