GF Writing Contest: Free Style

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by Mirage, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright we're holding a writing contest. The prize is personal satisfaction and an ego boost. ;)

Entry Deadline: June 17th (Details on how to submit will be posted later on. Also, don't PM your entries to me. We'll all post ours at the same time when I set up a way to do that anonymously)

The rules:

1. 500 words minimum. 2,000 words maximum.

2. No style or subject/theme restrictions. Should be a story in itself though. Not a part of a bigger story unless the part you submit makes sense by itself.

3. I will create a submission system where people can post their story's anonymously.

Judging will go like so:

Each story will be judged separately. In order to judge a story you must do the following:

1. Write a brief review of the story, what you liked, what you didn't like.

2. Give a grade of 1 to 5 stars.

3. Reviews and ratings will be private until after judging is over. (To discourage bandwagon ratings)

After 7 days we will average the ratings for each story. If some stories are tied then we will go ahead and have a poll for those.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'll be submitting something.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Sounds like an interesting idea, now If only I knew what to write about, I have more of a talent for writing extremely long things I am currently in the process of writing a book (a very long book), Could I just submit a chapter from that?

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

*signs up*

Yeah, dude.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

By the way I'm also entering this. I have a good idea going I think. We'll see how it's accepted I guess.

I'm already feeling constrained by the 2,000 limit. I have a little over 1,000 words written and I'm going to have to figure out how to condense in order to get everything in there.

6. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

i guess ill sign up (got nothing better to do)

7. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Sign.

(provided there's inspiration :))

AngelsPeak likes this.
  8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

You betcha! Consider this my blood on the contract!

AngelsPeak likes this.
  9. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I will most likely be entering, as long as I have the time to complete it.

10. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment