• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF wrestling match review thread

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Semi stealing this idea from the GF movie review thread. Pick any match you want and review it.

I'll leave it up to you on what you want to say and include but my suggestion would be to name the wrestlers, the name of the PPV or show, the announcers and maybe a star rating at the end.

But whatever you wanna do!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wanted to do this a year or so ago, but never posted it.

I love the idea, and I think we can get some great reviews from our wrestling fan base here at GF.

Most of the matches are on Youtube, so I think if you can find the entire match then you should post it on GF so people can view it after or before they read your review.

viLky

ykLiv
Yeah, I'll be up for it.

(Was this the thread we are gonna post in, or were you making a new one? I wasn't sure if this was just to ask to get interest, or to actually start posting the reviews. If it is to post the reviews, you can delete this post.)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Keep any and all reviews in this thread. I don't think we need to make a separate thread for every match reviewed. It'll be informal in here.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Great idea on this one, Millz.

I don't have the most time in the world right now, but I can't wait to read peoples' entries. I'll be making my own by and by, for sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Might as well be the first one to put a review up. I watched this last night before going to bed, but didn't get the chance to post my thoughts yet. I had a bit of time at work this morning, so here goes nothing.

Edge vs. John Cena - SummerSlam 2006

When I first watched it I really loved it and I've not seen it in years, but this was a great display of storytelling by both guys. Cena and Edge had a lackluster match at the Royal Rumble, but a good triple threat with Triple H, but here's where people realised just how much chemistry they have. They played the stips brilliantly, and didn't fall into the WWE trap of finisher kickouts gallore, they just kept wrestling, avoiding each other's finishers and playing off their previous matches. It's the little things that make this great, Edge telling Lita not to get involved, Edge's determination not to be hit by the F-U as he has been before.

I rate this as higher than the TLC match at Unforgiven, because they didn't have a gimmick match to hide their limitations, they just used their story to their advantage. You felt the hatred of Cena, and the desperation of Edge.

A great match which made me, at the time, realise that these two are better wrestlers than a lot give them credit for, especially Cena.