GF Worldwide

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
With the addition of flags lately I have to say it's pretty cool to realize that we all know a lot of people all around the world. Think back 20 years (those of you who can remember that far back) and ask yourself how often (if ever) you talked to people in other countries.

It's pretty cool knowing people from all over the world. It makes for much more interesting conversations than just talking with the locals. :D

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Really? I wonder how common it was to have penpals 20 years ago though. It's definitely cool to be able to talk to people from different cultures and countries but I was never the letter type of person. If somebody I knew moved away back when I was younger then I just never talked with them again. :D

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I started a thread about it.. :D
It must've been common though.. the internet wasn't in the public's knowledge so how else would you pass your time? look at it as the former idea of one-on-one forum. LOL

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Before the Flags, I thought all the GF was USA based members, because I didn't keep track of who was from where.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Before the Flags, I thought all the GF was USA based members, because I didn't keep track of who was from where.
I thought a lot more were US based before the flags. Now I am realizing that there are quite a few UKers and Aussies here as well. A few Canadians too but not as many as UK and Australia.

We need more French people here. Ysabel do you want to get on that? :D

And Boredie for some reason I thought you were in the UK because you mentioned GMT. I was way off! You are our only member from Israel at the moment.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I thought a lot more were US based before the flags. Now I am realizing that there are quite a few UKers and Aussies here as well. A few Canadians too but not as many as UK and Australia.

We need more French people here. Ysabel do you want to get on that? :D

And Boredie for some reason I thought you were in the UK because you mentioned GMT. I was way off! You are our only member from Israel at the moment.
I made the same mistake with Boredie. I thought she was living in the UK (the assumptions we make when we know someone is Brit, lol). I found out my mistake when were talking about time and she said she was ahead of me.

French...I've seen 3 here. One has a "frog" to his name, from the south. Not sure if he ever came back - he likes gaming. Second is the newbie, lola - she has to post more outside Introductions. Third was a troll who kept on posting "I'm french" (what a disgrace!) :lol:

The others I know who might be interested in forums unfortunately don't read/speak English.

I also like seeing the flags, that was a cool feature you added hybrix!

I might be in France a little over a year from now (I'll be there in the UK or in Hungary most likely) because I am going to be studying abroad. And I have to look at French or English language schools/programs so that I can take math...

AEH

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Third was a troll who kept on posting "I'm french" (what a disgrace!) :lol:
LOL! If I told you i banned him/her would you be angry with me? (My answer will depend on yours lol :D)

The only downside to all the global aspect is that it's hard to quit reading and posting when there are new posts around the clock!

So how's Thursday so far? ;)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
LOL! If I told you i banned him/her would you be angry with me? (My answer will depend on yours lol :D)
Actually that was one day in GF I wish I had admin power so I can ban people. :nod:

The only downside to all the global aspect is that it's hard to quit reading and posting when there are new posts around the clock!

So how's Thursday so far? ;)
I'm glad when there's always someone online. I haven't been here yet with just me online....that'll really be lonely.

Thursday is half through...which reminds me I need to eat lunch now. All these new posts sometimes make me forget. :D