• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF: Why the Grudging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
One thing I've noticed a fair amount of (a chunk of it recently) here on GF are grudges held between members. Some members won't even return because small groups of people have made them feel unwelcome. I just wonder, is there really enough that someone can do online to make people be that hostile towards them? Sometimes I wonder if people take things a bit too seriously.

Thoughts?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Sure, I'd say so. Online relationships are still relationships. People's feelings can still get hurt. Users are people too. :B

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well I guess if we're going to talk online relationships, that's not exactly on topic. I'm assuming you've had an online relationship with someone on here if that's where you went with this topic first. If so, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I don't think an internet relationship counts as a real relationship.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Nah, I meant relationships as in friends, bro.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Once again, I still think we're a bit onto another topic here. I still don't get how a relationship through only the internet could ever really be something to get so worked up over. To the extent to hold a grudge that is.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
A relationship between friends is just as meaningful online as it is offline. :confused: I don't know how that's debatable. I'd say it's as easy to hold a grudge online as it is offline. Well, maybe not quite so easy, since it's not hard to forget about it online. But still.

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
I agree with Marc. Emotions are real, doesn't matter if you are never physically there for someone, you can still make that emotional connection.

Though, that's not in every case. I think it really depends on the individuals involved.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I dunno, it seems the girls are a little cliquey and some that don't know how to handle it run off.

I've been told Merc and I have a "fued" :lol: but I don't feel that way. I'm glad you're here Merc, and I enjoy our disagreements. You always challenge and I appreciate it. So yeah, I would agree that maybe some take it too seriously.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I guess I'm just traditional.

I don't see how something could truly be real unless it's in person (or at least gets there). I used to believe in the whole online thing being legitimate, but I realized it was just me hoping too much. You can make great friends and you can develop some kinds of friendships, but I don't think it's real until you can actually meet.

But once again, it's just me.

I've noticed the cliquey-ness too SS, trust me. I got a lot of hate for mentioning it too. Thankfully, it's really toned down the last few months though. It used to be quite awful but it's gotten a lot better.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I think with the introduction of smart phones, and an increase with social communities online (MySpace, FB, Twitter, etc.) people are very close. Way close than they were before, so it's easy for folks to take things personally.

I've only been here 14-15 months but I've seen people being 'driven' off the forum, and I'm sure I'm the next to go. It's almost to that point now, but I'm hanging on because there are a few folks here I don't get to see too often on messenger that I'll miss. It just feels like a community of raptors at times, and I'm sure I'll get hate for saying that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.