GF Tech Lessons (would you be interested?)

Would you be interested in GF tech class?

• Total voters

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Alright I was talking with Echoes because he was interested in upgrading his PC, apparently I'm a pretty decent at teaching stuff.

So we came up with the idea that GF should have a tech class for people who have no idea what's going on inside their computer.

This class would teach a few things about PC's

The parts of a computer
How to build a computer
Upgrading your computer
Different Terms (such as PCI, AGP, SATA)
Different Connector Cables and what they're for
Home theater wiring

Does this interest anybody?

This obviously would be in the form of threads because there is no other easy way to do this.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Why not just have a Q & A Session.... that way it can be held in a thread rather than a chatroom. You'd be able to spend enough time explaining certain elements without worrying about the Char. limits.

I'd call it "dDave's Tech Quest: Q&A Enlightenment"

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm interested, obviously. Even if I never get around to upgrading this computer before I get a new one, I'd still like to learn what everything is and how it all works.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Nah, that's what I married a geek for.

Although I have dabbled in web design and wish to learn more about that as time permits.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Why not just have a Q & A Session.... that way it can be held in a thread rather than a chatroom.
uh...:huh: did you read it, :lol: I said that the only good way to do it would be in a thread.

Although I have dabbled in web design and wish to learn more about that as time permits.
Sorry I don't know web design, I'll bet that there are a few here who do though.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
uh...:huh: did you read it, :lol: I said that the only good way to do it would be in a thread.
well remember that thread Swift had about reading long posts... lol I lost interest right about....

Alright I was talking with Echoes because he was interested in upgrading his PC, apparently I'm a pretty decent at teaching stuff.

So we came up with the idea that GF should have a tech class for people who have no idea what's going on inside their computer.

This class would teach a few things about PC's

<-----------------------HERE--------------------->

The parts of a computer
How to build a computer
Upgrading your computer
Different Terms (such as PCI, AGP, SATA)
Different Connector Cables and what they're for
A/V Wiring (TV's, DVD players, Speakers, etc...)

Does this interest anybody?

This obviously would be in the form of threads because there is no other easy way to do this.
I guess I missed that last part

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sounds like it may work. I think you should have guest teachers as well. I would gladly do one on computer diseases (adware, spyware, viruses) if you want.