• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GF Tech Class (Suggestions)

dDave

V.I.P.
Alright so as many of you know I used to do this thing called "GF Tech Class". It's been a good while since I've done one of those but I feel as if I'm ready to do another one.

My only problem is that I've sort of run out of things to talk about.

So far I've done a bit on the pieces of the computer and home theater devices.

I've been considering doing one such as a build your own computer tutorial. My other ideas include a semi-formal Mac v. PC bit by me and possibly a more in depth look at the pieces of a computer, particularly video cards.

I'm really low on ideas right now. I have a very extensive knowledge of technology though and I really did enjoy doing GF Tech Class in the past.

If you're really wanting to know something more in depth just say the word and I'll see what I can do.

All suggestions are open.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I think a class in how to effectively use services like Dropbox would be useful.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think a class in how to effectively use services like Dropbox would be useful.
The only problem with that is I don't know how to use dropbox :hah: although I'm sure it can't be that hard to use. I could learn it and then write a review I guess.

I'm not exactly amazing on software though I do know the following programs.

Microsoft Office
Windows (All versions)
OSX
Steam
Most Web Browsers
iTunes
RivaTuner

and a few others on top of that.

I know just about everything there is to know about computer hardware though. I also know a ton about TVs, 3D technology, speakers, stereos, etc.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
You should do one discussing web browsers and which ones are the best. Also proper setup of web browsers, installing most used plugins, proper settings to get the most out of webpages. How to do delete Internet Explore :lol:

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
The only problem with that is I don't know how to use dropbox :hah: although I'm sure it can't be that hard to use. I could learn it and then write a review I guess.

I'm not exactly amazing on software though I do know the following programs.

Microsoft Office
Windows (All versions)
OSX
Steam
Most Web Browsers
iTunes
RivaTuner

and a few others on top of that.

I know just about everything there is to know about computer hardware though. I also know a ton about TVs, 3D technology, speakers, stereos, etc.
Wait. Would you happen to know how to you Microsoft Access? My mom is having trouble with it at work and if I knew how to use it, I could help her. It's an old version... pre-2007, I think.
------
Correction: it is Microsoft Access 2007. Can you do a class on that one?

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Mac Vs. PC is so lame and overdone. You're not going to convince anyone of anything. Hell I still know Mac users that think Macs don't get viruses.

I think a class on Malware is a good idea. Viruses, worms, spyware, etc. and how to avoid and clean them out of your system. Most people struggle with that.