GF stats page broken

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by AnitaKnapp, Feb 11, 2010.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I know you usually have to refresh it a few times...

but I've been refreshing it periodically for the past 30 minutes.

Bliss likes this.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I've been having a very hard time seeing the stats page even when I refresh.

Bliss likes this.
  3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Loaded fine for me after the second refresh. Maybe it just hates you Knapp

Bliss likes this.
  4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I'm looking into this as I type this actually. I'm trying to figure out a way to get it to work better.

Bliss likes this.
  5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

It works for me but at a snails pace...usually it takes me about 4 or 5 refreshes before it works finally.

I dont think its ever worked the first time I've tried haha

Bliss likes this.
  6. Mirage

The problem is there are so many stats on it that I've set it up to save a static version every hour. So as long as one person has loaded it in the past hour it will be fast for the rest of that hour.

I'm thinking maybe I should change this to a few hours or even half a day in order to make it faster more often. The trade off is it will be less up to date. Right now it's only up to an hour off any given stat.

7. AnitaKnapp

FYI...I just tried again and it loaded exceptionally fast.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm using Chrome, it doesn't load for me. Never has. I have to be on IE or FF to view the stats so I've stopped viewing it.

Bliss likes this.
  9. Mirage

And nobody read my explanation two posts earlier. :lol:

It's not a browser issue. It's just a matter of the stat page has a lot of calculations. I explained it earlier. I'm going to be working on this soon. I actually like the stats page quite a bit and I've been pretty annoyed lately when it took 4 tries for me to load it.

10. AnitaKnapp

yeah, but I honestly thought that it was down because I literally sat here and refreshed it for 30 minutes straight and it wouldn't load. Normally it only takes 3 tries at the max. I know it's not a browser issue.